Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Tonights game

Post by fozzieskem »

A few thoughts..

I said after Salford it’d be at least 10 games before we know if the corner has been turned and I stand by that but...

Ok a decent side should have put 40 on the board last night,utterly adject performance on a lot of levels,the “comeback” was the same as last season the game gone then they start throwing the ball around,it’s a worry it’s returned so early in the season,and no at no point did I think Wigan would nick a win.

Onto a couple players..

Powell,sorry he isn’t good enough for Wigan’s number 7 don’t give a toss he playered there at school he’s not good enough,I played prop at school and I wasn’t good enough for Wigan in that position either.

Farrell,what is going on with him,not the same player since that nasty injury a couple of years back,sorry being picked on reputation at the moment.

I’ll say it again the subbing doesn’t work,play Sam in the halves and stop faffing about,for me teams have worked the move out.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Gareth Carvell on Twitter

Good game on sky but I don’t think Wigan should have been made to play on a Friday after landing from Australia on Monday. Above anything it’s a player welfare issue. These things need to be considered by the RFL and is exactly why I’m so passionate about a players union.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:

Good game on sky but I don’t think Wigan should have been made to play on a Friday after landing from Australia on Monday. Above anything it’s a player welfare issue. These things need to be considered by the RFL and is exactly why I’m so passionate about a players union.
I suppose the arguement could be made for the club not charging off round the world during the season rather than automatically blaming the Rfl,the club itself drove that no one else so the issue of player welfare is with the club also I should think.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

I suppose the arguement could be made for the club not charging off round the world during the season rather than automatically blaming the Rfl,the club itself drove that no one else so the issue of player welfare is with the club also I should think.
Apparently the Aussie trip was known about last July, so why were the fixtures not done to accommodate this.

Castleford v Hull FC was scheduled for Thursday night being televised on Sky, but it was agreed to move it to Saturday & it is still being televised by Sky!

They could have shown any number of games last night but chose to continue with our game!

Anyway, what’s done is done ????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:
acwrlfc wrote:Can someone please explain Sam Powells role?
Being best mates with Wane.
Rubbish!
Well at least it would be "a" reason to explain why his is the first name on the team sheet because I can't think of any other.

This moving around the halfbacks/full back (which if I recall correctly you were not keen on either when it was suggested pre-season) has proved after three games as stupid a tactic as 99% of people on here predicted.

It is as if Wane is coaching an under 11 side and wants to give everyone a game!

In my opinion Wane made a dilemma for himself in that he wanted to play Powell, Sam T and Escare and looked to how he could do that first and his best lineup (which is already now obvious) came second. So to get all three in the 17 he has come up with this batty idea of moving around the halfbacks/full back. I am sure he is very pleased with himself that he doesn't need to leave Powell (or Escare) out.

Wane needs to get his priorities right and realise if he wants to keep his job deliberately running for half a game with a poorer lineup quite deliberately is not the way to do it.

If that means being as ruthless on selection as a coach like Monie or Madge would have been that is what he has got to do. I don't think he will and think he will persist with this moving around the halfbacks/full back simply because he really does want Powell in the side and part of the reason he does, in my opinion, is he is too close to the player. The other reason is Wane is too stubborn to admit giving Powell the 7 shirt was a mistake in the first place but the fact he did also calls his judgement and his motives for doing it into question.
BriH

Post by BriH »

"Ah can't spake"!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dave,
his moving around the halfbacks/full back (which if I recall correctly you were not keen on either when it was suggested pre-season) has proved after three games as stupid a tactic as 99% of people on here predicted.
I am still against it.

I want Escare at full back, Sam Tomkins in the halves & Sam Powell at hooker with Thomas Leuluai & Bateman in the second row.

I don’t agree with moving players just for the sake of it! Injuries before or during the game permitting
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I just want a new coach with fresh ideas
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

It's clear from Hull's performance that jet-lag does have a significant effect, and that we did exceptionally well by comparison. No more Aussie trips?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote:It's clear from Hull's performance that jet-lag does have a significant effect, and that we did exceptionally well by comparison. No more Aussie trips?
It’ll be interesting to see how Leeds do with their game,no matter how fit these lads are they are humans and we all get over things at a different rate.