Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Tonights game

Post by Firestarter »

No straw damn us wrote:
Firestarter wrote:We didnt have to go to aus...... whats more important, a friendly over there or two points against wire? We should have sacked the souths game and come home earlier..... imo its disrespecting our own game and all wrong....... its just like the , so called, big clubs in the prem..... they put out a second string against weak cup opponents then whinge when they lose
We couldn't have come home after the Hull game, it was part of the commercial agreement to play Souths. Our record at Wire is hardly impressive so who's to say that we would have win anyway?

Get saving because something similar is going to happen in 2020.
whether it happens again or not we have not gained anything from the trip imo...... like TBW said , the effort off some players was not acceptable....... i do, however, think we would have beat wire if we hadnt been too aus...... lets concentrate on our own game and not theres....... and yes we do have a poor record at wire which leads me too think it was very bad planning
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I've not read all the drivel on these pages, no doubt it'll be the usual bashing after a defeat.

ALL the sides taking part in either the SL match down under or the WCC lost this weekend - Fancy that?

Scratch this one off and move on.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

AdamMac wrote:I've not read all the drivel on these pages, no doubt it'll be the usual bashing after a defeat.

ALL the sides taking part in either the SL match down under or the WCC lost this weekend - Fancy that?

Believe it or not the worst bashing I have read is YOU calling posters for something your to lazy to read but get all opinionated on it. It is a forum with debate and opinions and bl**dy h*ll yes some are not happy with the way sw sets up the team. And how dare they feel aggrieved that we play a home game thousands of miles away from home and can't complain about team having jet lag. Blimey we are getting petty arnt we. Or is it we love Wigan rl and feel with players at hand should be set out better. After all it is only our opinions can't see Rads reading this and saying to sw kidf does not like this please change it :D. Just one other point I wont have to look back far for a post of yours where you was player and club calling. pot/kettle comes to mind.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

It's getting worse and worse this forum! I log on to read opinions and find out things about Wigan RL not read pages and pages of quote filled child like arguments. It's Boring chaps! have you nothing better to be doing? zzzzzz
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
AdamMac wrote:I've not read all the drivel on these pages, no doubt it'll be the usual bashing after a defeat.

Believe it or not the worst bashing I have read is YOU calling posters for something your to lazy to read but get all opinionated on it. It is a forum with debate and opinions and bl**dy h*ll yes some are not happy with the way sw sets up the team. And how dare they feel aggrieved that we play a home game thousands of miles away from home and can't complain about team having jet lag. Blimey we are getting petty arnt we. Or is it we love Wigan rl and feel with players at hand should be set out better. After all it is only our opinions can't see Rads reading this and saying to sw kidf does not like this please change it :D. Just one other point I wont have to look back far for a post of yours where you was player and club calling. pot/kettle comes to mind.
Its called perspective.

Surely every fan has to have this in mind when all things are considered for the warrington game. Surely.

If we are poor against Widnes then by all means, bash away. I might even join you :blush:

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

w.thomas wrote:It's getting worse and worse this forum! I log on to read opinions and find out things about Wigan RL not read pages and pages of quote filled child like arguments. It's Boring chaps! have you nothing better to be doing? zzzzzz
Here's an idea. Just don't read it.

Just a thought, you never know it might work.........
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Incidentally, Wane has said a couple of things which have pleased me in the last week (which is a rare occurrence). He mentioned that he has finally been impressed by Higginson, and would like to be able to give him a run out, while Navarette will get a game in the next couple of weeks. His story is a tribute to hard work and perseverance, and I hope he takes his chance when he gets it (playing against Australia will have done his perspective on what is required to succeed the world of good).
I am not Escare’s biggest fan as a consistent player - he makes too many stupid decisions for my liking - though I love watching him play and am not suggesting that he be dropped. But, if he were to be injured, and if Higginson nails down a spot, then we could do worse than give Sarg a run at 1. In 2016, he was transformed when we moved him to 1 from centre. And we know how that ended. So, by the end of May we could look something like....
Sarg, Davies, Higginson, Gildart, Manfredi, Williams, Sam
Flower, tommy, Clubb, Bateman, Farrell, Lockers
Sutton, Navarette, Tautai, Shorrocks...
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bring back CPwigan, all is forgiven
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote:Bring back CPwigan, all is forgiven
Yikes, there's be skin and hair flying.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Incidentally, Wane has said a couple of things which have pleased me in the last week (which is a rare occurrence). He mentioned that he has finally been impressed by Higginson, and would like to be able to give him a run out, while Navarette will get a game in the next couple of weeks. His story is a tribute to hard work and perseverance, and I hope he takes his chance when he gets it (playing against Australia will have done his perspective on what is required to succeed the world of good).
I am not Escare’s biggest fan as a consistent player - he makes too many stupid decisions for my liking - though I love watching him play and am not suggesting that he be dropped. But, if he were to be injured, and if Higginson nails down a spot, then we could do worse than give Sarg a run at 1. In 2016, he was transformed when we moved him to 1 from centre. And we know how that ended. So, by the end of May we could look something like....
Sarg, Davies, Higginson, Gildart, Manfredi, Williams, Sam
Flower, tommy, Clubb, Bateman, Farrell, Lockers
Sutton, Navarette, Tautai, Shorrocks...
You are obsessed with Sarginson! He will tell you himself, his preferred position is centre & he makes as many mistakes in fact more than Escare IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan