Navarrette

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adiddy

Navarrette

Post by adiddy »

I see that for all his hard work in the off season and during the season so far that he's been rewarded by Wane with a loan out to Swinton.

Not sure what the details are but watching him play for Swinton v Toronto.

Noble seems quite impressed with him so I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for Toronto before too soon!!

Matt
josie andrews

Re: Navarrette

Post by josie andrews »

This was one of the reasons he got depressed last season & wanted away. He wasn’t being given a proper chance in the first team!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Well Wane better be given a chance in our first team instead of Swinton's first team or he'll be getting depressed again. Man management not a clue. But as long as Powell, that wonderful scrum half (not), is first on team sheet we'll be OK eh!
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

josie andrews wrote:This was one of the reasons he got depressed last season & wanted away. He wasn’t being given a proper chance in the first team!

This I can understand. As much as I want to believe Wane I'm becoming a little more disappointed with his, "they've trained hard and deserve a game next week" speeches, then next game no sign of these hardworking players. Is it really now a case of if your face doesn't fit with Wane???

Hope not.

Matt
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Same with Hamlin they might find he is good player when he's on his way back to Aus
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Only saw a few minutes towards the end but looked strong in the carry and and handful I know it's a lower level but playing a team with genuine Super League aspirations, does he deserve his chance in our 1st team?
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Our props aren't winning any battles and apart from a couple good moves by Clubb they offer nothing, worth trying trying Hamlin and Navarrette.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Props get injured and it's important to keep quite a number of front rowers match fit for when they are needed.
Romain needs to be played and soon. Whether that's off the bench or starting is up to selection.
If he kept the same front row for 8-10 games as there hadn't been any injuries or suspensions then come the day who ever is needed won't be match fit and will be way off the pace.
Agree Navarrette needs to be played and soon.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Hes been good in all the games I've seen him in this season. He looks more hungry and like he wants it more this year. Always makes meters in contact as well something we are lacking. Wane the brain needs give him a 1st team game for sure
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We don’t know nearly enough to draw a conclusion one way or the other on this. This will keep him fit, when there is no reserve competition for him to play in. Of course, he may have just said “Nav go to Swindon and play this afternoon, and clean your own boots”. But somehow I doubt it.