Millward's woes are set to worsen Guardian Unlimited 03:04

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Louise

Millward's woes are set to worsen Guardian Unlimited 03:04

Post by Louise »

Oh dear!!
Newton doubtful, Botham cup tied, No return (yet) for Orr, Dallas & Rads, See U In 20mins ?ban.
This is just getting worse.
More fresh faces then this week? good job the U21s have 2 weeks before their next match.
http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk

St pat's Australian tour 2007 sponsors needed........

http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk/
DaveO

Re: Millward's woes are set to...

Post by DaveO »

Louise posted:
Oh dear!!
Newton doubtful, Botham cup tied, No return (yet) for Orr, Dallas & Rads, See U In 20mins ?ban.
More fresh faces then this week? good job the U21s have 2 weeks before their next match.
The fact Botham is cup-tied is a positive thing for me. He can't get injured in the game!

If Newton is doubtful, he should not be risked at all. Knowing Newton he will want ot play but Millward should not bow to any pressure of that sort from the player or elsewhere in the club (i.e. ML).

I don't think we have a chance in this game so lets take it as a week off for players such as Newton who need to rest their battered bodies.

Edit: I also hope Seuseu gets a one match ban for the same reason!

I am more interested as to who is available for the week after, not the Saints game.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Re: Millward's woes are se...

Post by Doveoverdave »

DaveO posted:
Louise posted:
Oh dear!!
The fact Botham is cup-tied is a positive thing for me. He can't get injured in the game!

If Newton is doubtful, he should not be risked at all. Knowing Newton he will want ot play but Millward should not bow to any pressure of that sort from the player or elsewhere in the club (i.e. ML).

I don't think we have a chance in this game so lets take it as a week off for players such as Newton who need to rest their battered bodies.

I am more interested as to who is available for the week after, not the Saints game.

Dave
Absolutely agree!

Are you now in favour of Milly's weakened teams? :) (joke!!)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:
DaveO posted:
Louise posted:
Oh dear!!

Dave
Absolutely agree!

Are you now in favour of Milly's weakened teams? :) (joke!!)
LOL. No, you play the best you can but not injured players. If we were in with a realistic chance of going all the way in the CC then you would play the likes of Newton carrying an injury or not.

We aren't going to go all the way so IM should be sensible without taking the micky as he has done in the past.

It is a fine dividing line but it will be pretty obvious if players not injured are beng rested. To be honest he can't pull that many anyway. We have not got the numbers to put out a team of reserves.

Dave
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
It is a fine dividing line but it will be pretty obvious if players not injured are beng rested. To be honest he can't pull that many anyway. We have not got the numbers to put out a team of reserves.

Dave
True, plus some of our the more recent reserves are on international duty on Sunday in an England vs France game before our match at St Helens. Given the players that are fit and available, we haven't really got the concept of a weakened team. It's a very different scenario to what he did at St Helens.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
proud_pie_eater

Re: Millward's woes are set to...

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Millward has a point to prove, if you have heard him talk about how much he hates the execs at saints, he really wants to put one over on them and who's to say he didnt rest players against leeds for the saints game! He will give everything hes got against saints!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

proud_pie_eater posted:
He will give everything hes got against saints!
How can he put any more effort in when he's not on the field? We need the 17 lads to give it everything they've got and if they don't there's nothing Millie can do.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Wizard_Millward posted:
proud_pie_eater posted:
He will give everything hes got against saints!
How can he put any more effort in when he's not on the field? We need the 17 lads to give it everything they've got and if they don't there's nothing Millie can do.
:conf: can he not??? :doz:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Ok then tell me how he can Mike.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

if he cant do anything why his he coach, thats my point :eh:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME