Josh Charnley....

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Re: Josh Charnley....

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote:The Warrington players must be on pittance, as they seem to sign whoever they want.
Don’t get me wrong a lot there big money signings haven’t worked out but they are signing them none the less
i was gonna say exactly the same.....hope josh goes well but i get the feeling he will be out of shape being in the Devils game ......ide gladfiully take goodwin off there hands if they do go over the cap
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Is it just me or has anybody else thought that matty russells wire days are numbered?
Firestarter

Re: Missed opportunity?

Post by Firestarter »

jao711 wrote:
DaveO wrote:
JUKESAYS wrote:Never miss an opportunity to get a dig In even with no evidence to support
If you are referring my comment about Wane and Charnley not wanting to work with each other I am just expressing an opinion based on the very public fallout between the pair of them that occured in his penultimate season with us. Charnley was clearly disillusioned and made comments in his M.E.N column and Wane made public criticism of the player.
. Everyone at the club including Wane did their best to persuade Josh not to go to union.I think he’s lucky to come back to a big club but good luck to him.A very good winger.
hes unlucky then ????????
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

I think they have been numbered for a while to be honest. He has elements in his game that are top class but they are out-weighed by the much bigger flaws. I can see him at Salford since O'Brien has gone to Toronto and it is probably his level without meaning to sound harsh on the lad.

When Josh is on it he is ON IT but.... How many players have come back from Union and done well. I count zero, not one of them and i fear the same will happen here regardless of how good he used to be. I am very glad the boys club hasn't happened here. I think it's probably more of a case of Josh and Wane not getting on very well but Davies has rocketed himself onto such a level now that players like Charnley have to aim at and prove they can do it. I wouldn't swap Davies for Charnley in a million years but i wish him all the best at Warrington. He was a great player to watch (most of the time).
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Matty for salford( watch this space)......i can see that happening real soon
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

markill wrote:I don't think he's better than what we have. He's very good, but so is what we have.
He's definitely better than what Wire have.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

It would make more sense if we had a thread about signing Liam Watts imo. We have 4 wingers, 3 fit, which should be enough to see us through the season. Our 4th best is pretty good.

The equivalent would be having 8 good props: I wonder who our 8th best props is?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
markill

Post by markill »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Barney841 wrote:The Warrington players must be on pittance, as they seem to sign whoever they want.
Don’t get me wrong a lot there big money signings haven’t worked out but they are signing them none the less
I would imagine that they have had to make somebody a marquee player to get Josh under the cap, whether that is Josh I don't know but he will not come cheap.
A further thought, is there still a salary cap allowance for RU players?
I almost certain that only applies to players with no senior RL background. It's like a 'new talent' dispensation.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
markill

Post by markill »

markill wrote:I don't think he's better than what we have. He's very good, but so is what we have.
He's definitely better than what Wire have.
Agreed
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charnley of six years ago was better than he is now.
Bulked up way too much for me and lost a yard of pace in the process.
Give me a fit manfredi any day