Josh Charnley....

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
thegimble

Re: Josh Charnley....

Post by thegimble »

Barney841 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
Barney841 wrote:Charnley of six years ago was better than he is now.
Bulked up way too much for me and lost a yard of pace in the process.
Give me a fit manfredi any day
A fit Manfredi has never finished top try scorer for us being beaten by either Josh or Joe. Him and Marshall are about the same level with Davies being better than both of them.
If Dom came back it wouldn't take long for the rose tinted glasses fans to see he's pretty weak in a lot of areas.
He may not of been the highest try scorer but he had good defence and was good under the high ball and if I remember rightly manfredi kept josh out of the team before he got injured.
Correct when the 3 Burgess, Charnley and Manfredi were fit Josh was sitting on his backside not the other two. I agree re the rose tinted glasses but it goes both ways on here.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

thegimble wrote:
Barney841 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote: A fit Manfredi has never finished top try scorer for us being beaten by either Josh or Joe. Him and Marshall are about the same level with Davies being better than both of them.
If Dom came back it wouldn't take long for the rose tinted glasses fans to see he's pretty weak in a lot of areas.
He may not of been the highest try scorer but he had good defence and was good under the high ball and if I remember rightly manfredi kept josh out of the team before he got injured.
Correct when the 3 Burgess, Charnley and Manfredi were fit Josh was sitting on his backside not the other two. I agree re the rose tinted glasses but it goes both ways on here.
As of 27th April, I believe Josh has played 3 or 4 SL games for Wire. His stats include 543 metres, 16 tackle busts, 9 clean breaks and 6 tries. He scored another 4 tries in a cup match v Bradford.

Past his best? Bulked up too much? Lost a yard of pace?

Just asking.

[I'm happy with Manfredi, Davies, Budgie and Marshy btw.]
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

morley pie eater wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Barney841 wrote: He may not of been the highest try scorer but he had good defence and was good under the high ball and if I remember rightly manfredi kept josh out of the team before he got injured.
As of 27th April, I believe Josh has played 3 or 4 SL games for Wire. His stats include 543 metres, 16 tackle busts, 9 clean breaks and 6 tries. He scored another 4 tries in a cup match v Bradford.

Past his best? Bulked up too much? Lost a yard of pace?

Just asking.

[I'm happy with Manfredi, Davies, Budgie and Marshy btw.]
that question will be answered after he plays against the top sides. Wire have only played one top 6 side since Josh started playing for them.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I've always rated him but didn't want him back due to us having good enough players in the wing positions. Having said that he looks like one of very few players who returned to SL and been as good! Sods law when we get them back they are usually crocked!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Didn't give a shiny one about the club, just wanted to be a celebrity Union playing farmer with his own naff clothing line, was only interested in the money, he's made his bed now he can lie in it, i hope he enjoys it being Warringtons year yet again
jobo

Post by jobo »

Class player and a nice chap.

Shame he didn't stay and convert to centre.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote:Class player and a nice chap.

That’s what I told Dan Sarginson, but it didn’t go down very well ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:
jobo wrote:Class player and a nice chap.

That’s what I told Dan Sarginson, but it didn’t go down very well ????
:lol: Not going very well for Dan at the moment. :(
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote:Didn't give a shiny one about the club, just wanted to be a celebrity Union playing farmer with his own naff clothing line, was only interested in the money, he's made his bed now he can lie in it, i hope he enjoys it being Warringtons year yet again
Hi Meds
I enjoy your posts and know you like stirring things up a bit (me too!)

To take your post a bit seriously though, I agree that the celebrity bit is naff (though a regular complaint is that RL players aren't getting coverage for the game and we need more "stars" who are recognised outside of the game).

As to Josh leaving Wigan, I think you've missed the fact that he was, at least partly, driven out by poor relationship with our coach. We should be aware with the Hardakers, the Gaz Hocks, the Terry Newtons and so on, that these young lads are good at rugby but just as likely to lack skills or judgement in other areas as your average kid from a rough estate in Hindley, Featherstone, Wigan or wherever.

Like other posters, I'm happy with the wingers we've got and don't think we should have signed Charnley. My post was just a dig at those saying he was no good. I wish him well at Warrington and hope he becomes a nationally recognised star to help promote our game. (Wigan matches excepted, of course!)

Btw, not heard about you on a bike for ages - have you given up?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐