Should we throw next week's game?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Should we throw next w...

Post by DaveO »

Wizard_Millward posted:
I shall go mad if he rests players at weekend. I realise that this season has gone and we have little chance of winning the cup, but beating the Saints will improve everybody's confidence and would be great for us all.
In order to have a chance V Saints we will have to play Newton who is clearly injured and possibly bring back the likes of Orr and Dallas before they are ready.

Whatever the result V Saints it could mean damaging these players longer term and make our side for Leigh even weaker.

It just isn't worth the risk. If IM can find 17 fit players then they should get a shot before anyone carrying an injury. I don't think he can find 17 totally fit players so for me he picks the ones with the least serious injuries first and if needs be puts them on the bench to be used sparingly if at all.

Dave
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Do people agree though, that our main focus must be on finding the 6 points we may need to ensure Hock, Lockers, Fletcher turn out in Super League next year?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
Tom_McCooey posted:
Disgraceful.
Chill out!!
Very funny.
IMO it just shows that despite their massive superiority over us throughout the Superleague era they still feel inferior.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Better looking neighbours???

Considering that the bloke that answers the phone at KR is a human tub of lard on legs and would lose a beauty competition with a meths drinking tramp, I think that it's a bit rich!

Thank God they don't have video calling

Keep taking the "magic pills" scousers! :D
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It's not funny it's pathetic. They were whinging like mad when he left, giving up their season tickets, saying Eamon was a disgrace to their club and now they're laughing.

Hilarious, yeah
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

MrsLam posted:
It's not funny it's pathetic. They were whinging like mad when he left, giving up their season tickets, saying Eamon was a disgrace to their club and now they're laughing.

Hilarious, yeah
Get a sense of humour transplant!

What would WRLFC message boards be doing if the tables wre turned?

Milly left them and they are playing better and we have gone worse, no wonder they are taking the mick!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

They can't take it when it does come their way though. Thats the point I'm making, there's been many times my saints supporting mates have texted me at the beginning of a Wigan Saints match and many times we have won those games except the CC, now funnily enough wne they lost and I replied to the message (see I'm clever and only open my mouth when I have reason to do so) they didn't like it.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

They can't take it when it does come their way though
Sounds like you can't take when it's coming your way.

Smile in the face of adversity Mrs Lam - believe me they hate that too! :)
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Doveoverdave posted:
They can't take it when it does come their way though
Sounds like you can't take when it's coming your way.

Smile in the face of adversity Mrs Lam - believe me they hate that too! :)
I do, I've learnt to do that for a few years now. I never take on the scousers when they're having a go at me, day before Murrayfield a lad in Haydock shouted across that they'd hammer us tomorrow and all I said was "We'll see" n look what happened. They're too quick to open their mouths which is why it's funny when it backfires.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
Do people agree though, that our main focus must be on finding the 6 points we may need to ensure Hock, Lockers, Fletcher turn out in Super League next year?
I certainly do.

Dave