Grass not always greener

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Grass not always greener

Post by southportcdm »

Three points that I've been musing about: Mickey Mac can't be too pleased about his position at present. Terrible team and he's already had injuries. Gells is in a different situation in that the Warriors are playing well but he can't get a game. Early days I know but any thoughts? Another point is that Joe Greenwood, with whom we were closely linked, hasn't played for the Titans yet, despite being in the 19 each week, and they're really struggling. Do they not rate him? If we're really interested and he continues to not play for the first team, perhaps we should look for an early release.
medlocke

Re: Grass not always greener

Post by medlocke »

I'm surprised Catalans aren't top 4 what with signing 40 minute Superstar Mickey Mac, Meanwhile in Wigan, he's not being missed, imagine that :roll:
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

medlocke wrote:I'm surprised Catalans aren't top 4 what with signing 40 minute Superstar Mickey Mac, Meanwhile in Wigan, he's not being missed, imagine that :roll:
Who've we played?

We'll miss mickey when the chips are down and we need a response. Only really lockers left to rally the troops.

Friday will be interesting.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

AdamMac wrote:
medlocke wrote:I'm surprised Catalans aren't top 4 what with signing 40 minute Superstar Mickey Mac, Meanwhile in Wigan, he's not being missed, imagine that :roll:
Who've we played?

We'll miss mickey when the chips are down and we need a response. Only really lockers left to rally the troops.

Like when we missed him in 2016, oh no, wait
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

AdamMac wrote:Who've we played?

MM was awful in his first stint at Wembley last year and was at fault for Hulls first try (hauled off shortly after)

We've "carried" him in the side for the last few years, just for his cameo appearances where he either limits our opponents main player or generally gets stuck in with tough defence. Looks a pale shadow of a SL player and is struggling badly in a very poor Catalans side.

Like every other player who has left, we move on and replace players.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
AdamMac wrote:Who've we played?

MM was awful in his first stint at Wembley last year and was at fault for Hulls first try (hauled off shortly after)

We've "carried" him in the side for the last few years, just for his cameo appearances where he either limits our opponents main player or generally gets stuck in with tough defence. Looks a pale shadow of a SL player and is struggling badly in a very poor Catalans side.

Like every other player who has left, we move on and replace players.
And like every other player who's left the fans suddenly decide he wasn't that good anyway despite in this case a career long enough to qualify him for a testimonial. :doz:
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

The thing is I'd have all 3 back for tomorrow's game.

Gelling at centre would mean Bateman back in the pack.

Micky back to spell LouLou, especially with Escare out.

FPN in for Naverette.

None of them have been replaced and we could probably get by without injuries, but we are short of cover.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

First Try Tickle wrote:The thing is I'd have all 3 back for tomorrow's game.

Gelling at centre would mean Bateman back in the pack.

Micky back to spell LouLou, especially with Escare out.

FPN in for Naverette.

None of them have been replaced and we could probably get by without injuries, but we are short of cover.
... and Matty Smith for Sam Powell??
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
jao711

Post by jao711 »

The only time we may have”carried” Mickey was last year after his injury and he deserved that chance.Admittedly he didn’t get back to his best form but we have no right to pick at him now because he left it all on the field..I hope he does what McNamara signed him for but he’s going to need some help from the temperamental bunch round him.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jao711 wrote:The only time we may have”carried” Mickey was last year after his injury and he deserved that chance.Admittedly he didn’t get back to his best form but we have no right to pick at him now because he left it all on the field..I hope he does what McNamara signed him for but he’s going to need some help from the temperamental bunch round him.
Been carrying him for 4 seasons