Sam to Catalan?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Sam to Catalan?

Post by josie andrews »

Heard Sam has been offered a 4 year deal at Catalan. If we let him go next year, without using the option year we should get some transfer money for him, if we take it up he goes for free the year after. Hopefully the money will be used wisely!!

We need more players like Lockers & Faz IMO

At one time it was a great honour to wear the Wigan shirt, sadly not any more!????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The sad fact in all of this - it wont make a difference, Sam will leave we will be worse for it but superleague is in cardiac arrest, we will still be able to compete in what is turning into complete drivel of a league
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:The sad fact in all of this - it wont make a difference, Sam will leave we will be worse for it but superleague is in cardiac arrest, we will still be able to compete in what is turning into complete drivel of a league
Cant disagree with that
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

oldhooker wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:The sad fact in all of this - it wont make a difference, Sam will leave we will be worse for it but superleague is in cardiac arrest, we will still be able to compete in what is turning into complete drivel of a league
Cant disagree with that
I've been enjoying this seasob. Much better than last two years across the board IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

As a season ticket holder i am getting brassed off with all this player movement or proposed movement, mainly outward i might add Why does it appear to be always Wigan players. I read an article again this morning on Total Rugby regarding Gildarts future;add that to Sutton and Bateman.

We are, supposedly the biggest name in World Club Rugby yet players want to move on and we don't seem to be attracting new ones.

I want to see good players in the cherry and white jersey who want to play for Wigan. Is there an underlying issue.

As regards Sam gutted if he went and also annoyed bearing in mind how they club stood by him through his injuries and was then made the marquee signing. I know there is no loyality in sport but come on.

Also i ve enjoyed some of the rugby this season but the standard overall is poor and we have failed all be it closely our biggest tests do far

Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

This isn’t good for the club.
Like it’s been said, why is it always our players splattered on sky sports?
I’m surprised there is not any disruption at the club, these players who come out as well saying they want a go at the NRL should be dropped in my eyes. Obviously there don’t care much about the club if there advertising themselves
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Barney841 wrote:This isn’t good for the club.
Like it’s been said, why is it always our players splattered on sky sports?
I’m surprised there is not any disruption at the club, these players who come out as well saying they want a go at the NRL should be dropped in my eyes. Obviously there don’t care much about the club if there advertising themselves
They should be punished like what Scott Taylor was, sent out to a poor club for a season before offloading, see how the ungrateful sods like them apples
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

I think what we need to realise about Sam is that he is probably one more injury of practically finished. He has played well this season...SO FAR but anything could happen in any game. The club have to weigh up the risk and reward factor in offering him a new deal on a big deal. I can imagine his insurance premiums have gone up massively in case he does have a career ending injury. The club will be paying these also, i can't imagine them not wanting them to insure an asset so on top of his wage there is this to factor in also. It all depends on what he is after i suppose. I can imagine this being a very delicate situation.
joeb

Post by joeb »

It could happen to any player at any time just look at walmsley similar injury cut short Phil Clarke's playing career
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Sam's heard how much MM is on and wants to try another lifestyle change in the south of France

Wigan have all ready made the effort to sign his replacement (Hardaker) and as long as les Cats don't get relegated, Sam or Wigan won't be initiating any clause
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: