Straw Poll

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Straw Poll

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Who would resign Sam on a four year marquee deal?

I'll start the ball rolling, I would give him a two year deal given his form this term but if he wanted longer then he would have to be released and I would look to sign a half back.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wes

Re: Straw Poll

Post by Wes »

+1
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Who would resign Sam on a four year marquee deal?

I'll start the ball rolling, I would give him a two year deal given his form this term but if he wanted longer then he would have to be released and I would look to sign a half back.
I suppose it would depend on who we could get in with his money, Tomkins is not irreplaceable, but he certain doesn't have an equal in good form within the current Wigan backs.

In short id agree with your suggestion i think that would be fair, he isnt worth a 4 year Marquee deal IMO but 2 year deal yes
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No, The club offered him what they thought was fair but it looks like he wants the big money which you can't really blame him for doing.

Fans seem to be forgetting his last 2 seasons due to him performing quite well so far this season, yesterday i was watching the 2012 and 2013 Grand Finals and he is not a patch on the player he was then, but that's ok as he now has a better rugby brain, i don't know how seeing as his performances have gotten worse since the first time he left, fans keep saying it will be disastrous if he left and he will be irreplaceable, no it won't, we survived perfectly well before and we will again, as for him being irreplaceable, He isn't, the only player that is irreplaceable in this team is Lockers, will he come back to bite us in the ass, maybe for a few games but let's face it no player has really done that since Sean Long.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote:No, The club offered him what they thought was fair but it looks like he wants the big money which you can't really blame him for doing.

Fans seem to be forgetting his last 2 seasons due to him performing quite well so far this season, yesterday i was watching the 2012 and 2013 Grand Finals and he is not a patch on the player he was then, but that's ok as he now has a better rugby brain, i don't know how seeing as his performances have gotten worse since the first time he left, fans keep saying it will be disastrous if he left and he will be irreplaceable, no it won't, we survived perfectly well before and we will again, as for him being irreplaceable, He isn't, the only player that is irreplaceable in this team is Lockers, will he come back to bite us in the ass, maybe for a few games but let's face it no player has really done that since Sean Long.

I'm sure loads of people said getting rid of hampshire would bite us in the ass?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

It all depends if the club plan to bring another marquee player in or give it to a player already here.

If there is no plans for this then I would sooner give it to Sam, as I think apart from SOL he's the only marquee style player we have.

I still don't think Sam will go and he's using the Catalans deal to get a similar one off Wigan. Does he really want to relocate his young family to France, away from family for a bit more money. I know 750k has been mentioned but this is not on top of the Wigan deal.

And surely he still want to win things. If Cats spend all their money on him, then they are still going to be similar to what they are now.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

Caboosegg wrote: I'm sure loads of people said getting rid of hampshire would bite us in the ass?
Yes, the people who said Wane was a fool who didn't know what he was doing, and why was he persisting with this kid Williams and ignoring a massive talent like Hampshire?

And, like everyone else, no to four year deal.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

I'd re-sign him. He's over his injury issues and playing well, plus we lack leaders with only Sam & Lockers really. You don't improve a side by getting rid of the best FB in SL (when in form).
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Two year deal, if not V!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ian b

Post by ian b »

Have to train a new goal kicker now he's going