Wigan v Cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Wigan v Cas

Post by DaveO »

Half time and 14-12 to Wigan. Having led 14-2 for s long period that's s disappointing score.

Both their tries came of the back of penalties. Three in a row for the first.

We missed an absolute sitter when we fumbled the ball a yard from the line with no one to stop us scoring. That would have made it 17-8 at least but then they go up field get s penalty and score. When they move it left at speed they look very dangerous. So the game is on a knife edge
yokozuna

Re: Wigan v Cas

Post by yokozuna »

Thankfully we bossed the second half. A much deserved win.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

that was exciting game of rugby both teams gave their all and we shouldnt be dissapointed being 14-12 at half time.

The only downside to that game was hicks, he gets played by the players so much youd think it was football.

Cas never gave up. Great game Great Win.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Good win for me. Defended well, aggressive at times. Played with intensity, some good play, some improvement to come.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Only downside for me was our two fast/superfast wingers scored 0 out of 3 tonight.
What was Marshall doing to be caught by a hooker?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We won..... im happy but we should/could have killed the game off a lot earlier than we did...... i still think we got a lot ov decisions but im a saints fan so om biased lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well I have just got back having negotiated my way out of the car park, (one gate shut for some stupid reason) and the slip road at Orrell closed diverting me north! Just as well then I had a thoroughly enjoyable night at the DW. :)

That was a good win and easily the best at the DW so far this season because Cas are a good side and not one you are going to stick 40 on.

A proper rugby league game at last.

The tannoy was bust (but no one must have told anybody because it kept going all match!) so I am not sure who MoM was, I put the radio on in the car and on Radio Manc Alan Hunt said it was Gildart but I'd have gone for Budgie for his long range efforts or Sam T who I felt was our most influential player by far.

Negatives? Half backs still a problem. Both trying too hard for me and forcing passes. Also penalties. As I said at half time their two tries came after they got field position from penalties and we were fortunate in the second half that Cas came up with an error at least twice possibly three times after we did the same again.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
Well I have just got back having negotiated my way out of the car park, (one gate shut for some stupid reason) and the slip road at Orrell closed diverting me north!

Just as well then I had a thoroughly enjoyable night at the DW. :)
You want to try coming home from Yorkshite when they close the M62/M60!!

They close at 10pm every night without fail, it just awful & a long drive home especially if it’s after a loss!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Well I have just got back having negotiated my way out of the car park, (one gate shut for some stupid reason) and the slip road at Orrell closed diverting me north!

They close at 10pm every night without fail, it just awful & a long drive home especially if it’s after a loss!!
I think it's a dastardly ploy by the RFU. It's like they target RL game night. There are always several lots of roadworks on the M6 and M56 and it's race to get past them before they cone half the road off. Worst trip back in recent memory I had from the DW was when the M6 was shut and I was diverted through the outskirts of St. Helens and through Widnes and over Runcorn bridge.

On the way to the game tonight the signs were up saying the M6 was closed further north ( so any Cumbrian fans might not have made it) and on the way home it was shut J17-16 so any travelling from further south than me were also stuffed.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:

I think it's a dastardly ploy by the RFU. It's like they target RL game night. There are always several lots of roadworks on the M6 and M56 and it's race to get past them before they cone half the road off. Worst trip back in recent memory I had from the DW was when the M6 was shut and I was diverted through the outskirts of St. Helens and through Widnes and over Runcorn bridge.

On the way to the game tonight the signs were up saying the M6 was closed further north ( so any Cumbrian fans might not have made it) and on the way home it was shut J17-16 so any travelling from further south than me were also stuffed.
It’s a bummer isn’t it! I wouldn’t bother but there doesn’t seem to be any work done except putting the dreaded cones out!
Because when we come back that way after the next game over the Pennines, they’re doing exactly the same thing at the same closures...... nothing!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan