WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moran123

Re: WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!!!

Post by moran123 »

anything is possable we just need to belive in them
mike binder

Re: WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!!...

Post by mike binder »

Doug Stand posted:
jodie clark posted:
y is everyone so negative on this site
It's not negative its being realistic. I don't understand how people are so optimistic... This is the worst Wigan team in 25 years playing a top top side. Whatever we think about St.Helens they are so far ahead of us in every dept apart from the coach and I'm afraid he can only do so much.

Wigan will not win... just accept it, it's easier when we get stuffed.
i have that feeling evertime we play them but they keep proving us wrong milly will have them up 4 this now jerrys playing and he owes us a big 1 :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

Well said Mike, i like what you have 2 say

COME ON WIGAN!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

JIMH posted:

Please tell me - are you guys (or girls) taking each game as it comes, thereby making the Saints game the most important of the season so far, or do you - like me - think that our last crunch game, i.e. one we could have won, was London and that our next crunch game - for the same reason - is against Leigh?

For me, the sooner this game is over - without injuries - the better. I was hoping for a top 6 place but London last 2 results look to have put paid to that. IMO the best we can achieve will be 7th but we need a couple of league wins above all else to ensure our survival. Further progress in the cup merely makes this harder.
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

jinkin jimmy posted:
JIMH posted:

Please tell me - are you guys (or girls) taking each game as it comes, thereby making the Saints game the most important of the season so far, or do you - like me - think that our last crunch game, i.e. one we could have won, was London and that our next crunch game - for the same reason - is against Leigh?

For me, the sooner this game is over - without injuries - the better. I was hoping for a top 6 place but London last 2 results look to have put paid to that. IMO the best we can achieve will be 7th but we need a couple of league wins above all else to ensure our survival. Further progress in the cup merely makes this harder.
I am realistic about hopes for this season, but my first hope is that we beat saints. a win or a good performance will give the team much needed confidence.
cant beleive we are having to justify ourselves for wanting to beat those scousers. COME ON WIGAN!!!

P.s. i wonder how many times i will swear at Ian Millward and saints before i remember he now coaches us.
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

Remember the '98 final we couldn't lose? so this is the game we can't win. Do you follow what I'm sayin?
Wigan 'til I die.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jinkin jimmy posted:

You have to take each game as it comes, you have to do your best to win every game, you can't have players out there not caring if they win or lose instead thinking of the next game against Leigh. Similarly the last important game we played was agains Leeds. What a terrible defeat which will not have done confidence one bit of good. What we need is for the players to go out there with the intention of making the next round of the cup, I don't know if they're win or lose, I'm not accepting they'll lose because the game hasn't happened yet so it wouldn't be realistic. If we go out there and play well but lose then so be it, we'd have done the best we could and it would be something to carry into the Leigh game. Then when we win that it's something positive to carry into the Warrington tie at the JJB.

If your train of thought was followed by Leigh coaching staff they'd tell the players to concentrate on next season and winning NL1.

I hope our players and coaching staff take the attitude of Mike Binder and Sedbergh etc.. rather than those that mock their positivity because without that attitude we would get relegated!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

robjoenz posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:

You have to take each game as it comes, you have to do your best to win every game, you can't have players out there not caring if they win or lose instead thinking of the next game against Leigh. Similarly the last important game we played was agains Leeds. What a terrible defeat which will not have done confidence one bit of good. What we need is for the players to go out there with the intention of making the next round of the cup, I don't know if they're win or lose, I'm not accepting they'll lose because the game hasn't happened yet so it wouldn't be realistic. If we go out there and play well but lose then so be it, we'd have done the best we could and it would be something to carry into the Leigh game. Then when we win that it's something positive to carry into the Warrington tie at the JJB.

If your train of thought was followed by Leigh coaching staff they'd tell the players to concentrate on next season and winning NL1.

I hope our players and coaching staff take the attitude of Mike Binder and Sedbergh etc.. rather than those that mock their positivity because without that attitude we would get relegated!
What are you on about? I never mentioned the players at all! My point is that people have been going on about this Saints game for ages, have been looking forward to this match from weeks back when we had other more important games to play.

Of course the players should be positive and play each game to win - I would have thought that was obvious!! However, you are wrong when you say our last important game was Leeds. We were always unlikely to win it. Our previous game against London was far more important, a real 4 pointer that could have seen us in 6th place. For the same reason, our game against Leigh is far more important than Saints, because should a miracle happen and we beat Saints, we will need 2 more miracles to win the cup, then a few more to stay in the Superleague because of the diversion caused by winning the damn thing!!

And finally, Leigh would have been better off knocked out of the cup straight away to allow them to concentrate on the league, thereby avoiding having to think about NL1 next season. Geddit?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Beating Leeds was unlikely but was a possibility, I want Wigan to win every game and I go to the game expecting us to play well and get that win, I even went to Leeds with these feelings.

When we play Warrington in the SL I will want the win just as much as I want the Leigh win, just as much as I want the CC win. All SL games carry the same importance they are all worth two point, even when you play Leeds or Saints. I know what you mean about matches being 4 pointers but I tend not to look at the league as closely as I look at Wigan performances, whether a team is two points ahead (and we want to close the gap) or four points behind us (in which case safe for the week) the win is equally as important.

I think you are comparing teams on paper and saying that the teams closer matched to us are more important games, I disagree.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Doug Stand posted:
Everyone in Wigan is talking about the Cup game at St Helens this weekend, but I think that they'd better concentrate on their next Super League game away at Leigh.

I agree with that.
We can concentrate on that next week!