Potential Signing

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Potential Signing

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

It happened prior to Friday's game so I doubt it will be a Salford player.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Seems to be Joe Bullock, a prop, from Barrow. Has been playing well for them for some time. Would be an interesting one as we don't often go for Championship players but he was a winger for us some years ago. Rumours that the Barrow chairman was unhappy with the manner of our approach (naughty Rads!). My only evidence is other sites and one of the trade papers but there seems to be too much gossip for it not to be true.
barrowwarriors

Post by barrowwarriors »

If the rumours are true around here it's a done deal. He played very well this year for Barrow.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Just what we need :angry:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Another project prop to add to the two we've got!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

He is an ex Wigan academy player and played on the same teams as Williams, Burgess, Hampshire etc, but on the wing. I believe he was Barrows player of the year last year at prop, and has won four man of the match performances this season. He's probably about 23 or 24 years of age now.
markill

Post by markill »

No straw damn us wrote:He is an ex Wigan academy player and played on the same teams as Williams, Burgess, Hampshire etc, but on the wing. I believe he was Barrows player of the year last year at prop, and has won four man of the match performances this season. He's probably about 23 or 24 years of age now.
I think he's maybe 25. He's been well regarded at Barrow and from what I can recall of seeing him at Summer Bash and in any televised games he stood out. Maybe a squad filler, but with a desire to impress. It's probably going to be a cheap move, so it makes it low risk in my opinion.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Reading through the Barrow forums they seem gutted to be losing their best player. A prop who can make 60 metre breaks and player of the year. 25 years old. Big, strong runner. No brainer for me on the cheap. Could be a superstar. Players like Walmsley all started somewhere.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Is he the player with ginger hair? or am i thinking of somebody else
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

medlocke wrote:Is he the player with ginger hair? or am i thinking of somebody else
Yes that's him. He was very like Joe Burgess when he was in the academy.