19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors name 19-man squad for Sunday’s Ladbrokes Challenge Cup game against Hull KR

Warriors face Rovers at the KCOM Craven Park on Sunday, 3pm kick-off

Liam Farrell returns for cup clash

Wigan Warriors have today named the 19-man squad for Sunday’s Ladbrokes Challenge Cup tie against Hull Kingston Rovers.
Liam Farrell returns having missed the last two matches with an ankle problem.

Sean O’Loughlin is named in the 19-man squad and is expected to play despite missing out last week.

Half-back Josh Woods comes into the squad with Morgan Escaré and Gabe Hamlin dropping out.

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad
John Bateman, Tony Clubb, Tom Davies, Liam Farrell Ben Flower, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Tommy Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Romain Navarrete, Sean O’Loughlin, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Joel Tomkins, Sam Tomkins, George Williams

Tickets are no longer available from the DW Stadium but will be available from KCOM Craven Park on Sunday priced at £15 for adults and £10 for concessions.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... vs-hull-kr
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Post by josie andrews »

Looks like Morgan Escare is out of favour at the moment :(
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

BIG CHANGES TO 19-MAN SQUAD FOR CUP CLASH

BIG CHANGES TO 19-MAN SQUAD FOR CUP CLASH

Head coach Tim Sheens has been forced to ring the changes to his 19-man squad to face Wigan Warriors in the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup at KCOM Craven Park on Sunday (3pm).

Rovers go into the game with 13 first team players unavailable through injury, whilst Kieren Moss is cup-tied having featured for partner club York earlier in the season, whilst loanee Aaron Smith is also unable to play in the competition.

That means that youngsters Owen Harrison and Elliot Wallis come into the 19 and could be in line to make their first team debuts, whilst James Donaldson, Matty Marsh and Joe Cator have also been recalled.

Tickets for the game are on sale at the Rovers Retail store and online at www.hullkr.co.uk/tickets

The 19-man squad in full is:

1/ Adam Quinlan
2/ Junior Vaivai
5/ Ryan Shaw
10/ Mose Masoe
11/ Maurice Blair
12/ James Greenwood
15/ James Donaldson
19/ Tommy Lee
20/ Matty Marsh
21/ Robbie Mulhern
22/ Liam Salter
23/ Josh Johnson
24/ Chris Atkin
28/ Will Dagger
29/ Jordan Walne
30/ Joe Cator
34/ Danny Tickle
35/ Owen Harrison
37/ Elliot Wallis

http://www.hullkr.co.uk/big-changes-to- ... cup-clash/
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote:Looks like Morgan Escare is out of favour at the moment :(
Didn't he get a knee/boot to the head last week? Is he injured or dropped?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote:Looks like Morgan Escare is out of favour at the moment :(
Failed his concussion test?
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I know this is a must win game but HKR have a lot of injuries so I hope Waney gives Josh Woods another run. We will probably need him to play in a big game at some point in the season so he needs as much first team experience as he can get. I', sure Morgan will have failed his 'head test' (do we assume that Sam P passed his?), he looked very shaky when he came off against Salford.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Its about time the aussie lad got a run out for us.... he wont be picked next week thats for sure....... hope escares not dropped coz he defo adds something to our team
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Firestarter wrote:Its about time the aussie lad got a run out for us.... he wont be picked next week thats for sure....... hope escares not dropped coz he defo adds something to our team
Why should Hamlin get a gig? Who should we drop?

Escare badly needs to improve his defence, he is not a half back he's a full back so that would mean leaving Sam out!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

southportcdm wrote:I know this is a must win game but HKR have a lot of injuries so I hope Waney gives Josh Woods another run. We will probably need him to play in a big game at some point in the season so he needs as much first team experience as he can get. I', sure Morgan will have failed his 'head test' (do we assume that Sam P passed his?), he looked very shaky when he came off against Salford.
I wonder if the inclusion of Woods is insurance against Powell?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Its about time the aussie lad got a run out for us.... he wont be picked next week thats for sure....... hope escares not dropped coz he defo adds something to our team
Why should Hamlin get a gig? Who should we drop?

Escare badly needs to improve his defence, he is not a half back he's a full back so that would mean leaving Sam out!
Nothing wrong with leaving Sam Powell out. :wink: