Tomkins Leaving - Official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Tomkins Leaving - Official

Post by medlocke »

ian b wrote:and who's to say Joel won't go with him :) :)
Fingers crossed, here's praying
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:Everyone assumed that Catalans were offering a Marquee deal and Wigan weren't. It was also mentioned Catalans offered a 4 year deal and Wigan less.

Now it turn out Wigan have offered a 4 year Marquee deal, for more money than Sam was expecting, but still he choses Catalans because he wants to experience the culture.

So he turns his back on Wigan and any real chance of success in the future, just so his kids can learn a new language. He could have got that at Wigan Tech.

He really will be Rat Boy if his team are not winning every week and decisions going against them, but oh well at least he'll be able to go back to his chateau and a glass of wine after the game.
And not forgetting going out on the town and hurting himself.
Very disappointed with his attitude given the last couple of seasons and rumoured circumstances. However we move on and the need for a couple of on field generals becomes a necessity.
He wasn't out on the town.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:Everyone assumed that Catalans were offering a Marquee deal and Wigan weren't. It was also mentioned Catalans offered a 4 year deal and Wigan less.

Now it turn out Wigan have offered a 4 year Marquee deal, for more money than Sam was expecting, but still he choses Catalans because he wants to experience the culture.

So he turns his back on Wigan and any real chance of success in the future, just so his kids can learn a new language. He could have got that at Wigan Tech.

He really will be Rat Boy if his team are not winning every week and decisions going against them, but oh well at least he'll be able to go back to his chateau and a glass of wine after the game.
And not forgetting going out on the town and hurting himself.
Very disappointed with his attitude given the last couple of seasons and rumoured circumstances. However we move on and the need for a couple of on field generals becomes a necessity.
He was
ian b

Post by ian b »

medlocke wrote:
ian b wrote:and who's to say Joel won't go with him :) :)
Fingers crossed, here's praying
ha ha keep em crossed !!!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Family come first and if one of his reasons for leaving is that then it is good enough for me.Anyone that doesnt put family first is very selfish.Why should he stay at Wigan, all this crap about loyalty is exactly that.Does anyone think that Lockers stays at Wigan just to pacify club and fans?Of course not he does what suits him and his family.Good luck to the lad, he has won plenty awards, medals and trophys so he appears to want to enjoy a life in the sun.

shaunedwardsfanclub

medlocke wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: And not forgetting going out on the town and hurting himself.
He was
Whoever told you that doesn't know the truth!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Wes wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Wes wrote:I can’t help but think Dave and others would have had a moan if we retained him on mega money!! It’s ok saying he’s only 75k on the cap but that’s no excuse to overpay somebody!!

Also most contracts in sports now are progressive, sams 4th year may have been more than his 3rd. Let’s not forget we lost a year of that because of his own p1ssed up antics.

Ok he’s a good player but he isn’t the best Sam Tomkins we’ve ever had nor is he the best player in the league.

Hardaker at FB and a Marquee 7 from Oz will be better than Sam at 1 Powell at 7 so here’s to hoping the club sign an NRL 7 that has lots of class.
I totally agree with this however there is 0% of this being the case the comparison is

1.Sam 6.Williams 7.Powell or 1.Hardaker 6.Williams 7.Powell

in which case Sam is more of what we need as we have a completely avg 7 who isn't going anywhere.

I agree also that Sam now is not the player he was, however i disagree he isnt still one of the better players in the league, name a fullback other than Barbra who is better within superleague, not many 1's can slip into the halves, because not many 1's have the skill set Tomkins has.

I said he isn’t the best, Barba is, Hardaker was when at Leeds and when he was at Cas, Sams form has been nothing short of poor upto this season, it’s only this year he’s been anywhere near back to his best, I wouldn’t complain with Mead or Gigot either.

Sams a better half than Hardaker granted but that’s completely negated by the fact he won’t play there!! He said before a ball was kicked he’d prefer to stay at full back and after a few switcheroos he’s back at full back full time why Escaré struggles at 7.

Hardaker will score more than Sam but Sam will set up more than Hardaker.

Powell will more than likely end up back at 9 next season and so far Shorrocks and Woods haven’t staked a claim so we’ll need to sign a half and as you say which I agree with that’s where we should use our marquee spot.
Good luck to Sam, in effect his contract has come to an end and therefore I have no gripes with him signing for another team. Hardaker is a top player and I am sure that he will add a great deal to the team. I don't expect us to sign a half back, I think we will continue to promote our juniors.

On balance, I would have liked Sam and Zak to play for us next season as both are fierce competitors with a great deal of talent. We need to move on and not look back in anger.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

medlocke wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: He wasn't out on the town.
He was
Yes they do
shaunedwardsfanclub

medlocke wrote:
medlocke wrote:He was
Yes they do
Go on then, tell me where it happened?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: And not forgetting going out on the town and hurting himself.
He was
That's what I was led to believe on numerous occasions. Obviously rumour but everybody who says it has heard from a good source, including you SEFC.
As I said we move on!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield