Re: Zak Its official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

mickw wrote:thought lenegan said when he took over that the days of long contracts were
over.how an unreliable coke head can get such a long deal is beyond me.
looks like setting a good example to young players goes out of the window when your desperate.
The club stood by Hock so this shouldn't be out the ordinary im sure that his contract is full of stipulations on behaviour.

my thoughts are this - Zak prior to his ban was the best FB in SL without a doubt IMO. As a FB he is better than ST however we need now more than ever i would say to sort out our number 7 shirt. We need a decent 7 otherwise we wont get the most out of ZH
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

mickw wrote:thought lenegan said when he took over that the days of long contracts were
over.how an unreliable coke head can get such a long deal is beyond me.
looks like setting a good example to young players goes out of the window when your desperate.
He gets a long deal because he is an outstanding player, you can also bet he's getting paid at a lower rate than his skill deserves.
As for setting an example, two words Ben Flower. We live in a glass house so don't throw stones, some of the stuff our players get away with and hushed up is shocking.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Very good interview with Carney.

Great signing about as good as we could get. Apart from Barba and ST he is best full back in SL. With ST going its been a decent week for the club with Gildart staying.
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Was only a matter of time seeing as he has been working for Wigan as a groundsman for the last 2 months. Another story i broke on the other site but was ridiculed by 'his mate' as as wrong as i could possibly be. 4-0 Cherry Warrior. Nosey Parker indeed.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:Was only a matter of time seeing as he has been working for Wigan as a groundsman for the last 2 months. Another story i broke on the other site but was ridiculed by 'his mate' as as wrong as i could possibly be. 4-0 Cherry Warrior. Nosey Parker indeed.

You got any more info. Like go for the conversion or a drop goal to go further ahead.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:Was only a matter of time seeing as he has been working for Wigan as a groundsman for the last 2 months. Another story i broke on the other site but was ridiculed by 'his mate' as as wrong as i could possibly be. 4-0 Cherry Warrior. Nosey Parker indeed.
His mate hasn't got a clue, the same guy claimed to be mates with Gelling and showed himself up :lol:, Great signing BTW, if he can get his form back and stay out of trouble we will far more great performances from him than we would ever see from the second coming :lol:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

thegimble wrote:Very good interview with Carney.

Great signing about as good as we could get. Apart from Barba and ST he is best full back in SL. With ST going its been a decent week for the club with Gildart staying.
Is a good interview Carney doesnt pull any punches

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

They must of warned him in advance, would like to see him do that more. Bringing up Ben Flower again but an interview liked that would of helped him, not so people can see him squirm so they can see he's just a normal man who makes mistakes. Going in to hiding made it worse.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Josie's friend wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

They must of warned him in advance, would like to see him do that more. Bringing up Ben Flower again but an interview liked that would of helped him, not so people can see him squirm so they can see he's just a normal man who makes mistakes. Going in to hiding made it worse.

ZH asked to do the interview says so in the first few minutes. I agree Carney should do a real interview program with players for SL. Past and Present.