Number

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ken

Number

Post by Ken »

Under the Wigan badge on there shirts, there is a four digit number can anybody tell me what this is for
Ken Blinston
WiganWarrior

Re: Number

Post by WiganWarrior »

It's their heritage number
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Micky Mac is number 666

:D ,just kidding,hes number 1000 i think.Intresting when looking through the Heratage list.How many names are familiar.Fathers and Grandfathers,Uncles,etc,etc.

4G
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

My Dads heritage number is 455 ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

josie andrews wrote:My Dads heritage number is 455 ????
21/3/1942].Says he was a Guest Player from OMG,,,,,,,I wont tell,a Gentleman never tells.I can give a clue as Harry Pimblett signed soon after.

My uncle Bill was 495,Jackie was 438,Albert i dont think ever signed for Wigan.He was at Swinton as i remember,Captain.Bob who i dont think played,always said my uncle Jackie was the best out the three.Bill is perhaps the most known though.
I Met some real characters and legends when i was a lad,i loved uncle Albert,his tales and big cauliflower ears,a realy great character .Reading some of the names now brings back so many happy memory's.
Met my first coloured man, Billy Boston,while outside my Grandmas. I was Playing catch and tackle with uncle Albert.Billy showed up for a chat.I asked uncle Albert how his ears got like that.Chewed and huge.Wish i hadnt.They both went about showing me with my ears as examples.
Scared me for life :D :lol:

4G
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

josie andrews wrote:I’ve never denied my Dad also played for St Helens.
WHAT now Missy hear this bugger off and go on REDVEE with that lot. Here is us thinking your Cherry and White through and through and you Dad played for the evil lot over the hill.

:eusa9: :eusa9: :eusa9: :eusa9: