blame

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
andrew bates

blame

Post by andrew bates »

I may be wrong, i often am,but i blame WEELAN for the state of the team. He is a football man though and though and see's the warriors as a money making business at best!
I know of no other team where the owner owns both a rugby and football team in the same town.
I remember Andy Gregory saying a couple of years ago that Weelan was trying to make Wigan into a Football town and by running the Warriors down this would make his job much easier.I dont trust the man!
I think it has been is grand plan for a number of years,I hope i am wrong. :angry:
mike binder

Re: blame

Post by mike binder »

andrew bates posted:
I may be wrong, i often am,but i blame WEELAN for the state of the team. He is a football man though and though and see's the warriors as a money making business at best!
I know of no other team where the owner owns both a rugby and football team in the same town.
I remember Andy Gregory saying a couple of years ago that Weelan was trying to make Wigan into a Football town and by running the Warriors down this would make his job much easier.I dont trust the man!
I think it has been is grand plan for a number of years,I hope i am wrong. :angry:
you may not be wrong ,but hes just not allowed to spend his money,i know youll all say im hyping on again but the sallary cap may kill off the greatest rl team in the world :angry: by the way welcome to our great site hope you dont have a rope with you because by the time you have read some of these post u may need 1 :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

There may be some truth in this but what is the board doing rectify it. Whelan is a good business man he wont want to fail in this venture so we will have to wait and see.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

damien morrissey posted:
There may be some truth in this but what is the board doing rectify it. Whelan is a good business man he wont want to fail in this venture so we will have to wait and see.
good point as he ever faied at nething im sure i once heard him say ,he will get latics into prem league and make the warriors world champs again.Hes done 1 so now maybe h will change is focus this man to some maybe a dipstick(if i can say that) but he his a winnerl :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

andrew bates posted:
Someone else replied to this regular rant a couple of days ago, apologies but I can't remember who or where it was. Anyway, to summarise, this Mr Whelan you're so quick to criticise put his money into the club in the mid-90's to stop us going out of business, has let us play in his nice big stadium, put lots of money into Superleague in terms of sponsorship, lots of money into Wigan in terms of sponsorship, helps finance quite a large backroom staff and U21's / U18's / etc youth structure... are these really the signs of someone who's not interested in rugby league? He may PREFER soccer, but no-one forces him to put his money into Wigan RLFC and if he truly weren't interested there's nothing to stop him pulling out. The facts are he's helped bankroll our club for a number of years now, so he can't want rid of us too much.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

:lol: fragglu you hit the nail right on the head great and sensible post :cool:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

My criticsm of Mr Whelan is that he has come into this club as a business venture. He is a bigger football fan again not a problem for me but the rugby suits in the club should be doing more to advise him. As i said in my previous post he is a successful influential businessman who must have a large ammount of pride and ego to get there. I hope ypu are correct that now he has got the latics into the premiership he will give us attention we need.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

whealan is a fully fledged wiganer. and his heart is in both the football and the rugby. wigan warriors will get through this season and come out stronger for it.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

the grinch posted:
whealan is a fully fledged wiganer. and his heart is in both the football and the rugby. wigan warriors will get through this season and come out stronger for it.
ir were half a strong as you in your pic well be fine :lol:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
dr aiden nealson

Post by dr aiden nealson »

grinch is that super stan wall "aka" sean long's dad in your picture? if it is he hides it well wheh he's carrying that kicking tee. :D