GDPR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

GDPR

Post by Mike »

Hi all

GDPR is something that almost passed me by. I'll have to review the site to ensure full compliance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_D ... Regulation

Just a note to say that the site doesn't share your data with anyone and no-one but me can see any of it. The only data stored is what you post and your login details. This doesn't amount to a legal declaration of compliance with GDPR. I will update when I've reviewed the policy and the site.

Mike
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
josie andrews

Re: GDPR

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:Hi all

GDPR is something that almost passed me by. I'll have to review the site to ensure full compliance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_D ... Regulation

Just a note to say that the site doesn't share your data with anyone and no-one but me can see any of it. The only data stored is what you post and your login details. This doesn't amount to a legal declaration of compliance with GDPR. I will update when I've reviewed the policy and the site.

Mike
Thank you Mike ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike
Punishment for you wanting to stay in the EU as this is another very expensive idea thought up by Brussels. Not just the hassle in the first place but the fact that the exercise has to be repeated every 6 months I think you will find. ????
I am just hoping that I will finally be able to stop Facebook from sending me emails telling me that one of my 'friends' wants to share the pictures of their new kitchen or car etc etc with me but past experience tends to make me think that it will not.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall wrote:Mike
Punishment for you wanting to stay in the EU as this is another very expensive idea thought up by Brussels.
Well you know that they say, a fool and his data are easily parted.

The GDPR, which in the UK is actually implemented via a new Data Protection Act that went before Parliament, is there to give you rights over your data.

It gives you several rights such as the right to have the data an organisation holds on you erased. Which given the massive data breaches that have occurred such as at Yahoo! and Linkedin over the last 12 months is a good thing.

You'd better get used to it anyway. It's not going away even when we leave the EU. It will remain in force. And as with many things in order to trade with the EU (in this case if that trade is in any way digital) then the UK will have to comply with the GDPR going forward and any future changes to it but won't have any say in it because "we took back control" :lol: :eusa17:

Going forward when the EU says "jump", we will ask "how high". Get used to it Ian, it's what you voted for.

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I didn't realise ian was so free and easy with his info - I'll put him down as "can share password and other personal info to any other organisation" then... :D (joke)

I would've thought that most people would see protecting and controlling their own data as a good thing, especially the daily mail crowd. But i guess you can be so "anti-europe" that that anything they do, even things you agree with, are "bad". Weird mental position that IMO.

I actually am not in UK or Europe now so not much publicity about GDPR until now which is why I'm late looking into it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
jobo

Post by jobo »

The irony is that it is the Daily Mail crowd who need this type of protection more than most.

Bloody EU.

:lol:
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Bloody Europeans. They come over here, stealing OUR data........ :wink:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:
I actually am not in UK or Europe now so not much publicity about GDPR until now which is why I'm late looking into it.
I work for a US company and coincidentally had to do an updated "privacy awareness" course last week due to GDPR. This is not a new thing because this course used to be based on the old Data Protection Act and all employees, UK,US or anywhere else based had to do it. The course also covers Data Protection in several other countries like the US, Canada, Japan and India.

Basically if you work for a multi national company that processes data you are obliged to comply with the laws in the countries you trade in. So my company will be complying with GDPR going forward regardless of Brexit just as it complies with other data protection laws in other countries. The idea we can leave such things behind because of Brexit is a none starter.

For this site I was wondering if the right to be forgotten means you need a "delete all posts by user" option if it isn't already available.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’m fed up of it!

Every time you go on a site, even if it’s one you use regularly, like the Wigan Official site, or if just to go on a different page, pop ups all the time asking do you accept cookies! :eh:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It may be irritating, but it's done for a good reason. And, ultimately, for the public's benefit.