Time To Stop

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cherry_Warrior

Time To Stop

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Cant believe i am doing this but today is the last day i was a Wigan Warriors supporter. I used to have a season ticket for both the Warriors and the Latics for many years. I fell out of love with football about 7 years ago or so. Too much money and diving involved. Anyway i stuck to my rugby but i just cannot allow myself to be involved with a club that advocates glassing people, assaulting people on the ground , taking drugs or abusing people (members of the general public). I am 33 years old. I was brought up on those Wembley finals and i loved every second of it then and since but today the sport and club died for me. I cant support a team that accepta thugs into it's alliance. Sorry boys i am done. Wigan Warrior -1 no matter how the team performs. Mods please delete me.
Cherry_Warrior

Re: Time To Stop

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

pieater-alex wrote:Who was the assault on the ground?

I echo your sentiments. I did not renew mt season ticket this year after 17 years straight watching the club and I don't regret it.

The culture at Wigan does need a fresh change. It's a bit of clique at the minute & we could do with a new approach.

I am talking about the Flower incident. should have been sacked on the spot. Im done. This is my last post on either forum and wont be tuning in for a reaction. Bye guys
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:

I echo your sentiments. I did not renew mt season ticket this year after 17 years straight watching the club and I don't regret it.

The culture at Wigan does need a fresh change. It's a bit of clique at the minute & we could do with a new approach.

I am talking about the Flower incident. should have been sacked on the spot. Im done. This is my last post on either forum and wont be tuning in for a reaction. Bye guys
Sacking Flower would of sent a clear message to the rest of the squad. I said a couple of weeks ago how Micky, Sam, Bateman and Flower had all crossed the line at certain times and weak management was to blame (plenty of white knights claiming they were saints.. cough cough Dave O and the usual suspects).
Apart from Lockers non of our team could be called role models, to be fair it's not their job to be but they represent the club so should act accordingly. This latest scandal just shows Wigan RL is corrupt right to the top, paying a girl off and only punishing players because a video got leaked 5 weeks later is disgusting.
A bad performance you can get over but they way Wigan act now is unsettling.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Josie's friend wrote: Sacking Flower would of sent a clear message to the rest of the squad. I said a couple of weeks ago how Micky, Sam, Bateman and Flower had all crossed the line at certain times and weak management was to blame (plenty of white knights claiming they were saints.. cough cough Dave O and the usual suspects).
I have no idea in what context you mention me. I comment on what I know about not rumour. I wanted Hock sacked, I didn't want us to sign Hardaker, I have never known what Micky Mac is supposed to have done, the Bateman saga was all very vague (covered up by the club?), did not defend Flower and have always held the view excessive drinking was not what pro sportsmans ought to be doing. The latter an opinion plenty have disagreed with me on over the years claiming the players are entitled to a social life.

Apart from Lockers non of our team could be called role models, to be fair it's not their job to be but they represent the club so should act accordingly. This latest scandal just shows Wigan RL is corrupt right to the top, paying a girl off and only punishing players because a video got leaked 5 weeks later is disgusting.
A bad performance you can get over but they way Wigan act now is unsettling.
I agree and Rads comments in the press in reaction to the video ring hollow. It can't be news to anyone at the club the players (and not just the Tomkins brothers) go out and get ratted regularly.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I used to go out in Southport,birkdale to be precise back in the late 80’s and without fail every afternoon you see players of the great Liverpool side getting arsed almost on an afternoonly basis and I mean paralytic at times,and I always thought it was unprofessional back then but it was the culture of that time.

In this day and age simply it shouldn’t be the same,Joel can’t play for Wigan again what message will that send out,and I’ve seen people saying it’s been blown out of proportion,no it has not you don’t threaten a woman,ever no matter the provocation,this morning Wigan find themselves at a crossroads they can continue to blindly ignore its fans and public at large or they can do something proactive and long term.

The club is in turmoil to deny that to what extent I don’t think we as fans can dare to look but there’s a cancer at the heart of Wigan,a F you culture of we are right and sod you,the club needs to sort it out.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:

. Bye.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yep bye!

Josies signature says it best.

You should support them through difficult times as well as good or let’s face it you ain’t supporting anything.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wes wrote:Yep bye!

You should support them through difficult times as well as good or let’s face it you ain’t supporting anything.
I think the through thick and thin approach only works for on the field.

the problem is now that the issues in the club are not just on the field, covering up breaches in the manner they have with the tomkins brothers makes you question whether Wigan deserve our support

The relationship between a sports team and their fans must be a two way street they need to give back to earn the fans, at the moment its a one way street with Wigan.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wes wrote:Yep bye!

That’s all well and good but I think most people’s ire is rightly in the case of the chuckle brothers the players themselves and not the club,though to blindly accept everything an organisation says is ridiculous too,players come and go the club is the constant players are memories in the making.
Wes

Post by Wes »

There is a difference between supporting the club and condoning actions.
I can’t choose which part to support, I support them as a whole as a club, I do not however condone the actions of the chuckle brothers!

IMO the club should show strong leadership now they are saying it’s now under internal review well I want to see strong actions at the end of it.

Ideally IMO Wane should be paid up and put on gardening leave, same with Sam and Joel should be sacked immediately.

Winder to stump up until our replacement is hired.

Will that happen who knows but I’ll still support them come what may.