Forget the CC at Saint's....Leigh away>>>

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: Forget the CC at Saint...

Post by robjoenz »

For our Super League placing, the Leigh game is just as important as the Warrington, Saints, Wakefield, Salford, Widnes, Hull, Leeds, Saints (again) and Uddersfield games. We need to win them all and the next one is the one the players will concentrate on. Similarly we can't look at the league and say 'what if' this and 'what if' that. The players go out to win all their games and can't do a single thing about how another team performs. We are capable of beating any side in SL, especially if that side has a poor game and we play better. This is not impossible despite what some people may think.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

That playoff game was truly horrible. One I always remember was a game at KR, which I attended with a Stains supporter. He seemed resigned to a battering as we scored an early try, but that was as good as it got. We lost 41-6 in the days when we were supposed ot be far too good to suffer indignities like that. The only highspot was Kelvin Skerret deciding this was too much for him to take and that an early bath was the preferred option.[/quote]
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I remember that game very well. I took along a girl for her first game. I built Wigan up hugely in advance, and I think she came away with a dim view of my honesty and judgement. We did not make it to another game.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Schalk Brits... posted:
bye bye Leigh and Salford.
I still prefer Wakefield to go down over Salford, but then I live in Manchester these days so I'd prefer to have a game I can get to on the Metro rather than one I need a passport and visa to get to in the heart of the Forbidden Land (Yaaaksher).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

We need to forget what has happend and get on with it! They need to get up for these next games and get back to basics completing the 6, not making wild passes, and keeping hold of the ball.

We shouldnt need some magical long passes and tricks to be Leigh, we just need to play rugby and build the confidence back
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR