Tomkins exclusive: “I’m deeply ashamed”

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Josie's friend

Re: Tomkins exclusive: “I’m deeply ashamed”

Post by Josie's friend »

I think this is the culmination of years of letting players get away with murder (not literely murder ofc)
If Flower was sacked you wouldn't of had his second punch to the back of the head when he returned or his shthouse move at Wire. Manfredi's fight during training, Micky's incident at the night club with that girl, Bateman & Mossop, numerous issues with Sarge and Sam plus this latest with Sam & Joel this list could go on. A domino effect of bad behaviour without even mentioning rumours.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Why don’t we just move on, yes he has made a mistake and shouldn’t as a professional and role model, but it’s not worth all this publicity and shouting for sackings etc.
At end of the day they are all young lads who have to tip toe about at times as representatives of the club, every now and again they need to let off steam,
We have all done similar when full of drink

Move on and let’s get behind the team as real fans
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Why don’t we just move on, yes he has made a mistake and shouldn’t as a professional and role model, but it’s not worth all this publicity and shouting for sackings etc.
At end of the day they are all young lads who have to tip toe about at times as representatives of the club, every now and again they need to let off steam,
We have all done similar when full of drink

Move on and let’s get behind the team as real fans
Firstly they are not young lads, secondly I think the big issue is how the club tried covering this up not that actual incident itself.
Real fans isn't a problem, I think every person here is a real fan just that some are disgruntled.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

There is no factual evidence the club covered it up, just hearsay.
What I’m saying is If we focus all the effort and time into negatives what’s the point in even supporting the club.
Not that long ago we had JB and LM incident yet Iam glad we kept JB as he is currently one of our best players. These things will happen, not good for the game or club but it’s easy to judge by a clip showing the negative side, we don’t know if anything prompted a reaction etc.
As long as Joel’s a Wigan player I will support him and the team,
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Whatever Bateman did, it involved another squad member, not a member of the public. That's why this business is front page news.

I'm not saying what Bateman did was OK, and, indeed, I don't know exactly what he *did* do, but the fact that the brothers' behaviour was

a) much more in the public arena, and

b) featured JT heaving appallingly towards a young woman

showed the club in a really bad light.

JT should be sacked, and "Please sir, what about what JB did?" is no defence.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

moto748 wrote:Whatever Bateman did, it involved another squad member, not a member of the public. That's why this business is front page news.

I'm not saying what Bateman did was OK, and, indeed, I don't know exactly what he *did* do, but the fact that the brothers' behaviour was

a) much more in the public arena, and

b) featured JT heaving appallingly towards a young woman

showed the club in a really bad light.

JT should be sacked, and "Please sir, what about what JB did?" is no defence.
Bang on, good post that. Agree completely. Don't get why people keep saying we've all done similar. Not me and if you have you need to take a good look at yourself you idiots
moto748

Post by moto748 »

cherry.pie wrote:What Bateman did was worse and now he's a fan favourite and nobody wants him to leave.
Which brings me to the broader point. Yeah, I'm glad JB is still here (for now) too. But the important thing here is not to position ourselves on the *right* side of the argument, the important thing is that the club behaves in the right way moving forward.

It's not about us, and what we think, it's about how the club acts.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im not reading his apology, hes a twat amd shouldnt represent my club. You don't treat people like that. And he sounds even thicker drunk.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
moto748

Post by moto748 »

He is contracted to the end of next season, isn't he?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Observer paid him £10,000 for the piece... Imagine.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame