Total Rugby League - Wayne comments

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Total Rugby League - Wayne comments

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Caboosegg wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I remember reading something about drink that i believe is 100% true

Alcohol doesnt make you do things out of character, it simply enhances your true character aspects.

When people are T@@t's when they are drunk, thats normally because thats the real person youre seeing. Drink doesnt turn a calm man violent or a tolerant man racist or a boring man into a funny one - it simply removes the filter on their brain.
This is very true WF, however there are exceptions to every rule, maybe Joel is an exception or maybe he is not. Anyway I don't think this saga should and will rumble on too much longer, he made a fool of himself in a completely unacceptable manner, he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself and I am sure he is!
What a load of rubbish!!. Alcohol is scientifically shown to inpair not only you motor functions but all change the way your brain functions. At base level we are all Animals it is culture and social development that make you people which is the ability to know right from wrong. If someone choose not to drink because they know they become violent or an Asshat surely thats good charater and not them being fake.
Alcohol does impair motor functions but that is not about behaviour. It is also proven to lower inhibitions, these though at core level are simply your own "rules" you place on your behaviour

Like TBW says 9/10 you'll find a little bit a tool when sober, that person becomes a massive tool when drunk. Someone who is calm and laid back tend to be as calm and laid back when drunk because if something isnt in your nature, alcohol cants put it there its more of an enhancement of whats already there

this sums it up well
Alcohol’s effect on your cerebral cortex is what makes your brain so, er, different when you’re drinking. This is where booze knocks clear thought off the rails, making you less careful about what you say and making Drunk You a stupid, brakes-off version of Real You
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: This is very true WF, however there are exceptions to every rule, maybe Joel is an exception or maybe he is not. Anyway I don't think this saga should and will rumble on too much longer, he made a fool of himself in a completely unacceptable manner, he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself and I am sure he is!
What a load of rubbish!!. Alcohol is scientifically shown to inpair not only you motor functions but all change the way your brain functions. At base level we are all Animals it is culture and social development that make you people which is the ability to know right from wrong. If someone choose not to drink because they know they become violent or an Asshat surely thats good charater and not them being fake.
Alcohol does impair motor functions but that is not about behaviour. It is also proven to lower inhibitions, these though at core level are simply your own "rules" you place on your behaviour

Like TBW says 9/10 you'll find a little bit a tool when sober, that person becomes a massive tool when drunk. Someone who is calm and laid back tend to be as calm and laid back when drunk because if something isnt in your nature, alcohol cants put it there its more of an enhancement of whats already there

this sums it up well
Alcohol’s effect on your cerebral cortex is what makes your brain so, er, different when you’re drinking. This is where booze knocks clear thought off the rails, making you less careful about what you say and making Drunk You a stupid, brakes-off version of Real You
I don’t drink often & rarely get drunk, but when I do I more often than not cry!

What does that mean? ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: What a load of rubbish!!. Alcohol is scientifically shown to inpair not only you motor functions but all change the way your brain functions. At base level we are all Animals it is culture and social development that make you people which is the ability to know right from wrong. If someone choose not to drink because they know they become violent or an Asshat surely thats good charater and not them being fake.

this sums it up well
I don’t drink often & rarely get drunk, but when I do I more often than not cry!

That at heart you are a softie, which is a lovely trait!! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The leader of the boys brigade sticking up for one of his best boys, stinks to high heaven
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I don’t drink often & rarely get drunk, but when I do I more often than not cry!

That’s very true, something I’m told often ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I don’t drink often & rarely get drunk, but when I do I more often than not cry!

That’s very true, something I’m told often ????
exactly my point there Josie, a lot of people get like that when they are drunk, because if you a sensitive person at heart you may hold it back more when sober but cant when drink takes away your ability to do so

im guessing you have never turned into a raging racist or violently aggressive because neither of those things are in your head to start with and alcohol doesnt put them things there it simply exposes them
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Flash wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I remember reading something about drink that i believe is 100% true

Alcohol doesnt make you do things out of character, it simply enhances your true character aspects.

When people are T@@t's when they are drunk, thats normally because thats the real person youre seeing. Drink doesnt turn a calm man violent or a tolerant man racist or a boring man into a funny one - it simply removes the filter on their brain.
The alternative scientific viewpoint is that we are all, pretty much, capable of anything. That's how, for example, good men go to war and kill and commit atrocities they wouldn't have dreamt about in their normal lives. In this scenario the 'core' you suggest we have is moveable all the way down to the most base of instincts. It's only social conditioning etc that determine exactly what that is in a given situation.

It's entirely possible that people react differently to alcohol and that the same amount of alcohol in two seemingly similar people would have a markedly different result. Similarly, different amounts of alcohol in the same person could have markedly different results as social barriers are progressively broken down.

It's probably not a popular view socially but we are genetically programmed to be racist, for example, as we perceive 'different' as 'dangerous' and this was necessary for survival. Core racism is part of our psyche for good reason. It's only social conditioning that makes it abhorrent.

Have a read of this. You might find it interesting.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... -torturer/
Ill give it a read

some good points i would argue the good men in war has a lot of external factors that aren't present down the pub on a Friday night but i get the jist of where you are coming from

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Flash wrote:

The alternative scientific viewpoint is that we are all, pretty much, capable of anything. That's how, for example, good men go to war and kill and commit atrocities they wouldn't have dreamt about in their normal lives. In this scenario the 'core' you suggest we have is moveable all the way down to the most base of instincts. It's only social conditioning etc that determine exactly what that is in a given situation.

It's entirely possible that people react differently to alcohol and that the same amount of alcohol in two seemingly similar people would have a markedly different result. Similarly, different amounts of alcohol in the same person could have markedly different results as social barriers are progressively broken down.

It's probably not a popular view socially but we are genetically programmed to be racist, for example, as we perceive 'different' as 'dangerous' and this was necessary for survival. Core racism is part of our psyche for good reason. It's only social conditioning that makes it abhorrent.

A perfectly valid and well-reasoned point of view.

Could I comment on one side-issue? When you say "the alternative scientific viewpoint", this could have two possible and contradictory meanings: that your view is scientific and the other one isn't; or the both are scientific.

I assume you mean the latter?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
SJ

Post by SJ »

josie andrews wrote:
SJ wrote:You know what he meant. It's not a spelling test you understood it. Don't be petty. Have lU ooked up the "concept "mistake" yet
Let's move on or sit with JT in the idiot supporters corner.
Smart btm. :sly:
It was a bloody joke!! Did you not see the ‘smiley emoticon’? ????????

If I wanted to be pedantic, I could have asked him to post the link from the site he quoted!
Better look up pedantic as well to enquire as to the provenance of a quote is a request for its authentication nothing pedantic about that I was being mischievous but did not feel the need or compulsion to use an expletive. Some moderator you are. :) insult dressed up as a joke. :cool:
Ps look in the Urban Dictionary an your alleged "joke" is a good example of being pedantic

Say Wayne and wain and Wane phonetically they all sound the same. Also the written name is merely a metonym of the vocal sound. Simply put a name is a sound not a spelling. :roll:
SJ

Post by SJ »

morley pie eater wrote:
Flash wrote:

A perfectly valid and well-reasoned point of view.

Could I comment on one side-issue? When you say "the alternative scientific viewpoint", this could have two possible and contradictory meanings: that your view is scientific and the other one isn't; or the both are scientific.

I assume you mean the latter?

Very interesting post from all three posters. I'll give it a read too.