Joel's Gone.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bert's Medal

Joel's Gone.

Post by Bert's Medal »

Signed for Hull KR with immediate effect.
thegimble

Re: Joel's Gone.

Post by thegimble »

Some have got their wish.

Who is next for the hanging squad.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Absolutely the correct decision by wigan it was only going to get worse for the club.

My personal stance hasn’t and won’t change you simply don’t intimidate a woman I have zero tolerance for it, if that offends well tough my old dad drilled that into me when I was a kid and it’s not going to change now
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote:Some have got their wish.

The next player who does what JT did presumably. Only himself to blame.

That said it's a sad end to the Wigan career of a player that was one of my favourite players. In his first stint he was a quality player.

Never gained the form back, partly due to playing injured, on his return but I thought he was on for a good season this time after a pre-season. Blew it in a bar instead.

Whatever your opinion of him and two other former players, Micky Mac and FPN, that is a fair chunk of size and aggression (well from MM!) that has gone from the team. As seen v Wakey this soon means with an injury we are to the bare bones. Club needs to get the cheque book out and not for project players.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

If he was Ellery or Offiah or Sam in his pomp etc I have NO doubt whatsoever that the club would do whatever it could to facilitate the player remaining

This was just something the club should have done when his last contract expired and it appears now that mistake has been recognized and rectified

Not the first time the club has done this lately and thrown salary cap at some players. I mean 3 year deal for Tierney and then release him, Navarette yet another with a 3 year deal despite not being a first grade regular
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

An example needed making, now the club needs to pick itself up and move on from this mess it got itself into, let's just hope that this serves as a warning to current and future players, This imo is the first step to breaking up the boys club and about time too
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:

The next player who does what JT did presumably. Only himself to blame.

That said it's a sad end to the Wigan career of a player that was one of my favourite players. In his first stint he was a quality player.

Never gained the form back, partly due to playing injured, on his return but I thought he was on for a good season this time after a pre-season. Blew it in a bar instead.

Whatever your opinion of him and two other former players, Micky Mac and FPN, that is a fair chunk of size and aggression (well from MM!) that has gone from the team. As seen v Wakey this soon means with an injury we are to the bare bones. Club needs to get the cheque book out and not for project players.
No next panto villan. Previous was Matty Smith.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:

If he was Ellery or Offiah or Sam in his pomp etc I have NO doubt whatsoever that the club would do whatever it could to facilitate the player remaining

This was just something the club should have done when his last contract expired and it appears now that mistake has been recognized and rectified

Not the first time the club has done this lately and thrown salary cap at some players. I mean 3 year deal for Tierney and then release him, Navarette yet another with a 3 year deal despite not being a first grade regular
Did with Bateman
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

thegimble wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:

Did with Bateman
Joel Tomkins was no where near Bateman in form or class or games played when he got that extension
Because I don't "Boo"!!!