Leeds v Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
bill.inger

Leeds v Saints

Post by bill.inger »

Just watched this game as a neutral supporter. I thought the game was as good as it gets these days.
For me, Brett Ferres cost Leeds the game by plonking the ball down (for a try) four yards in from touch when he could have gone under the posts, there were no Saints players to touch him. Consequently, a missed goal attempt.
Who decides MOM at these games, I thought Ryan Hall had his best game for years, 100% effort.
We've seen some good youngsters playing tonight, if a few other clubs can produce lads like Thompson and Richardson at Saints and Parcell and Walker at Leeds plus our own youngsters who will be brought in next year, the game is looking good for the short term future. ( Short term because the Australian dollar is always a temptation).
A good evenings viewing in the pub, pity we have to put up with that dreadfull Hemmings.
medlocke

Re: Leeds v Saints

Post by medlocke »

Parcell is an Aussie :wink:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Parcell was mom by a country mile...... great leeds performance considering there injuries( take note mr wane)...... i thought saints deserved at least one player in bin for head high shots....... zeb tai was very lucky as he kicked out, got up, then did a high shot
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

On another note does Brian mac have to have attitude every single interview? It seems like that to me....... its like the sky pundits cant ask him certain questions
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
acwrlfc

Last Nights Game

Post by acwrlfc »

A thoroughly enjoyable game,Leeds showing loads of spirit and Saints with so many game breakers made for a hum dinger of a game.

The improvement in Saints and some of their players is massive under Holbrook and I really hope that is what is going to happen at Wigan under a new coach.

Whilst watching the game I got thinking how many of our side would get in the saints side in their current positions, and bear in mind they are were missing Walmesley and Amor. Anyway I could come up with only two Bateman for Peyroux and SOL for Wilkin.

A worrying thought for me that and I feel its a combination of recruitment but more importantly coaching of individual players hence why we need a radiacal change at the club.

By the way how good is that Danny Richardson going to beand Roby looks to have rolled back the years
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Enjoyable game.

Saints players looked well conditioned and playing with confidence. Consider also Saints are missing some big lads.

Our lads look uncomfortable in comparison, we are playing with fear again.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Good game especially as Leeds got beat! I'll bet E McM enjoyed that but not GH. :D