SW.......From Pies to Bridies

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

SW.......From Pies to Bridies

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

http://www.scottishrugby.org/

SW now a Bridie eater

Joined the SRU coaching team

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
fozzieskem

Re: SW.......From Pies to Bridies

Post by fozzieskem »

Well that’s an excuse to go up and have a look at union then I suppose,not that I need any excuse for visiting Edinburgh
jobo

Post by jobo »

Good luck to him.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Here is a direct link to the article:

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/18/06 ... n-warriors

First of all, I don't see how they "signed" him off us because he resigned but whatever.

This bit of the article made me laugh:

"Scotland Head Coach, Gregor Townsend said: “There is a lot we can learn from Shaun in both the technical side of the game as well as wider aspects of coaching. The range of skills now needed across the pitch in rugby union, aligned with the style of play we are developing means that all our players have to be able to pass accurately and deploy effective lines of running that will either hold defenders or find space. What Shaun brings from rugby league is immediately transferrable and will add real value.”

Lack of most of that is why we need a new coach.

Smart move for Wane though. I don't think how he has had Wigan playing these last few years would have any top flight clubs after his services so a life of driving taxis beckoned.

jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

DaveO wrote:Here is a direct link to the article:

First of all, I don't see how they "signed" him off us because he resigned but whatever.

"Scotland Head Coach, Gregor Townsend said: “There is a lot we can learn from Shaun in both the technical side of the game as well as wider aspects of coaching. The range of skills now needed across the pitch in rugby union, aligned with the style of play we are developing means that all our players have to be able to pass accurately and deploy effective lines of running that will either hold defenders or find space. What Shaun brings from rugby league is immediately transferrable and will add real value.”

Smart move for Wane though. I don't think how he has had Wigan playing these last few years would have any top flight clubs after his services so a life of driving taxis beckoned.
. Couldn’t you just wish him Good Luck.?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jao 711 wrote:

Was just thinking the same! You are becoming very bitter Dave ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jao 711 wrote:

IMO he has actually taken the club backwards so given I am just glad he's leaving that would be hypocritical.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I thought the taxi comment was in absolutely appalling taste.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I'm glad his new job is confirmed.
Perhaps this was agreed between Shaun and SRFU before he resigned.
Head coach in any sport is a vulnerable job.
I wish Shaun all the best when he joins the SRFU.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I thought the taxi comment was in absolutely appalling taste.
It's no worse than has been said with reference to many an ex player or ex coach who people have been glad to see the back of. No one gave a monkey's toss what these players or coaches did when they left. Many are still ridiculed today (like Moran who was mentioned in another thread). Half the time it's even worse than that in that when a decent player or coach decides to leave they suddenly become rubbish aspersions are cast on their character and they get all sorts of stick (Charnley being a recent example). Forums reek of such hypocrisy and Why Wane is so precious I have no idea.

You also know what I meant by it which is the likely future of Wane was unemployment because IMO no other RL club would take him on, just like West. Too much associated with Wigan and in Wane's case none of the current top flight clubs would swap their coach for him. He's done well to get out before he got the boot and has gone to a different sport which I feel was the only option open to him.