Pinched from Bilko re Liam Marshall

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao 711

Re: Pinched from Bilko re Liam Marshall

Post by jao 711 »

jao 711 wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I remember offiah getting dusted off a parramatta player called ormonroyd( or something like that)....... it was on a Great Britain tour of australia...... pre game i think
. I remember this but can’t remember the name(It began with O I’m sure).Somebody put up a cash prize for the winner ,and yes the Aussie won.A few days later GB played a club side(ParramattaIthink) and Offiah blew him away.Different on a rugby field.
. The Players name was Lee Oudenrynd .Played 50 games for Parra scored 37 tries so he was fast but didn’t amount to quite as much as Martin Offiah.
pedro

Post by pedro »

jao 711 wrote:
jao 711 wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I remember offiah getting dusted off a parramatta player called ormonroyd( or something like that)....... it was on a Great Britain tour of australia...... pre game i think
. I remember this but can’t remember the name(It began with O I’m sure).Somebody put up a cash prize for the winner ,and yes the Aussie won.A few days later GB played a club side(ParramattaIthink) and Offiah blew him away.Different on a rugby field.
. The Players name was Lee Oudenrynd .Played 50 games for Parra scored 37 tries so he was fast but didn’t amount to quite as much as Martin Offiah.
Offiah slipped at the start so lost, Dallas beat him later aswell in a sprint challenge
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

jao 711 wrote:
they played parra straight after the race and offiah did score two tries against him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Sure I read somewhere about that sprint on the GB tour that all the GB players and staff made money on that sprint by betting against Offiah and Offiah then with ball in hand wasnt run down by the same player in the later game?
I also remember Offiah beating Ade Maffee (spelling) even if he wasn't the fastest sprinter I always thought Offiha ran faster when being chased the best out and out winger with ball in hand I have seen.
Super stars showed RL in good light Fielding, Drumond and Lydon all ripped the sprints up.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Ray French once on BBC asked Brian Smith “How fast is JoeLydon? As fast as he needs to be was the answer.The same applied to Martin Offiah as he kept looking over his shoulder.As fast as he needed to be.
jobo

Post by jobo »

jao 711 wrote:Ray French once on BBC asked Brian Smith “How fast is JoeLydon? As fast as he needs to be was the answer.The same applied to Martin Offiah as he kept looking over his shoulder.As fast as he needed to be.
That's the truth. Smoking Joe and Chariots, that's exactly what they did, just enough.

Wish they were playing for us now.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

jobo wrote:
jao 711 wrote:Ray French once on BBC asked Brian Smith “How fast is JoeLydon? As fast as he needs to be was the answer.The same applied to Martin Offiah as he kept looking over his shoulder.As fast as he needed to be.
That's the truth. Smoking Joe and Chariots, that's exactly what they did, just enough.

Wish they were playing for us now.
both players were big game players but they both had a lot of bad games as well
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE