19-man squad: vs Warrington Wolves19-man squad: vs Warrington WolvesI

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-man squad: vs Warrington Wolves19-man squad: vs Warrington WolvesI

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors name 19-man squad for Friday’s Betfred Super League game with Warrington Wolves

Cherry and Whites face the Wire at the DW Stadium on Friday evening

Sam Powell set to make 150th Wigan appearance, Ben Flower returns to the squad

Wigan Warriors have named their 19-man squad to face Warrington Wolves in Friday evening’s Betfred Super League round 20 clash at the DW Stadium, kick-off 7.45pm.
Sam Powell is in line to make his 150th Wigan Warriors appearance, whilst Joe Greenwood (ankle) and Romain Navarette (suspension) drop out of the squad that faced Leeds Rhinos.

Wigan Warriors 19-man squad to face Warrington Wolves

John Bateman, Tony Clubb, Tom Davies, Morgan Escaré, Liam Farrell, Callum Field, Ben Flower, Oliver Gildart, Gabe Hamlin, Willie Isa, Samuel Kibula, Tommy Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Sean O’Loughlin, Liam Paisley, Sam Powell, Taulima Tautai, Sam Tomkins, Josh Woods.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... gs9MZaW.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
acwrlfc

Re: 19-man squad: vs Warrington Wolves19-man squad: vs Warrington WolvesI

Post by acwrlfc »

We must be the unluckiest club with injuries that new signing Greenwood has already rolled his ankle. At the beginning of the week SW indicated everybody was fine and could not wait to pick the side but now we have no Greenwood and Saginson (again what a poor return he has been) and SOL is a doubt plus the unfortunate Navarette.

Add to the list Williams Sutton and Burgess and that is quite a lengthy list of absentees.

What have a few missing as well but seem to have a bit more strength in depth than us (better use of the Salary cap?)

Have Saints been very lucky with injuries this year using only 22 players, I just get fed up every week with our missing personnel, its been the same for the past three years
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Meant to say Wire have a few missing as well
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

acwrlfc wrote:We must be the unluckiest club with injuries that new signing Greenwood has already rolled his ankle. At the beginning of the week SW indicated everybody was fine and could not wait to pick the side but now we have no Greenwood and Saginson (again what a poor return he has been) and SOL is a doubt plus the unfortunate Navarette.

Add to the list Williams Sutton and Burgess and that is quite a lengthy list of absentees.

What have a few missing as well but seem to have a bit more strength in depth than us (better use of the Salary cap?)

Have Saints been very lucky with injuries this year using only 22 players, I just get fed up every week with our missing personnel, its been the same for the past three years
But nobody comments on our injuries, it’s always other teams that are decimated? :sly:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Warrington Wolves are away to Wigan Warriors this Friday night at the DW Stadium, kick-off 7.45pm.

Head coach Steve Price has named our 19-man squad ahead of the round 20 fixture including Ben Westwood who is set to make his 500th career appearance.

The squad also sees the return of England Internationals Stefan Ratchford and Chris Hill with Ben Murdoch-Masila and Ben Pomeroy out through injury.

Warrington Squad

Sitaleki Akauola, Kevin Brown, Mitch Brown, Josh Charnley, Daryl Clark, Mike Cooper, Dominic Crosby, Bryson Goodwin, Chris Hill, Jack Hughes, George King, Toby King, Tom Lineham, Declan Patton, Joe Philbin, Stefan Ratchford, Tyrone Roberts, Morgan Smith, Ben Westwood

https://warringtonwolves.com/price-name ... GFqBYZL.99
doc

Post by doc »

Hope big Samy makes the 17.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

doc wrote:Hope big Samy makes the 17.
Not quite sure he’s ready for me,he has potential that’s for sure but this isn’t the game to try him out
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
Not quite sure he’s ready for me,he has potential that’s for sure but this isn’t the game to try him out
Probably not but then what is the point of naming him in the 19 if he is has no realistic chance of making the 17?

As to injuries I don't think we have an issue in the backs given Williams is right off form, Davis and Marshall are more than adequate replacements for the inured wingers and Bateman is a better centre than Sarge will ever be.

The problem is the pack but really only if Lockers is out. While I'd sooner have Sutton in the side Clubb, TT and Flower are all first choice props. Then we have Isa, Faz and Hamlin for the back row. OK we have to play a couple of Rookies from the bench with Greenwood out but the starting 13 will be one that you could make a case for even if there were no injuries. Especially if Lockers is fit to play as well.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

fozzieskem wrote:
I agree there Fozz. I think he will be a force to reckon with in the near future. He's one big unit.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am happy to go with that squad. There is only Williams who is a big loss that I can see.
Our cup defeat was so horrible, in every respect, that the team really needs to show they are in the same class as Wire.