scratching our arris

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
billy's pineapple ring

scratching our arris

Post by billy's pineapple ring »

Austin to Wire, Lolohea to Leeds, while we fumble around waiting to appoint our new coach as there is no urgency to do so as SW is here for a while yet" according to IFL, all the better players are getting snapped up by our rivals.
Once again bargain baement mediocrity beckons. :angry:
jao711

Re: scratching our arris

Post by jao711 »

billy's pineapple ring wrote:Austin to Wire, Lolohea to Leeds, while we fumble around waiting to appoint our new coach as there is no urgency to do so as SW is here for a while yet" according to IFL, all the better players are getting snapped up by our rivals.
Once again bargain baement mediocrity beckons. :angry:
. Leeds will need more than Lolohea.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Loloeha is hit n miss although ide love austin at wigan
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

Been saying this for a few seasons now...every club announces new signings/players/coaches while we do nothing, except Greenwood...think it’s also time for the man in charge of player recruitment to go too!
billy's pineapple ring

Post by billy's pineapple ring »

Hardaker and Greenwood is a good start but they have only replaced the Tomkins brothers, Sutton is a confirmed departure, add to that possibly Bateman, maybe Tommy and Lockers and who knows possibly others leave,we will be in the cack.
We are crying out for a top class half back, centre, and prop, if we continue to dither, if good players that could fill these 3 positions become available, I am concerned that we will either miss the boat or panic and maybe sign substandard players players that the new coach doesn't want and become stuck with them.
I believe it is imperative that a new coach is appointed asap so the major rebuilding can begin pronto from a decent talent pool.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

We have become a selling club, no more big name signings to Wigan.The club that once was the biggest in RL does not compete for top players.And before anyone says Greenwood and Hardaker they are not world class just good SL players.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

6742hitch wrote:Been saying this for a few seasons now...every club announces new signings/players/coaches while we do nothing, except Greenwood...think it’s also time for the man in charge of player recruitment to go too!
The panic signing of Sarge when Gelling walked out was a sackable offence IMO :wink:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

old hooker wrote:We have become a selling club, no more big name signings to Wigan.The club that once was the biggest in RL does not compete for top players.And before anyone says Greenwood and Hardaker they are not world class just good SL players.
But aren't you are the one who wanted Wigan to sign Liam Finn?

Austin is a replacement for Roberts, Lolohea is a replacement for Moon.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I would say that Hardaker was better than just a good SL player. He was the stand out player last season. And also Greenwood, Ok it didn't work out for him in Auz, but most Saints fans are gutted he's not going back there.

Unfortunately there's not a lot more we can do until Bateman, tommy and Lockers decide what they are doing.

Ok Wire have signed a good player, but he's only a replacement for one they are losing. And he's coming over here for an easy life and he even states the doors open for a return. Bet Wire are glad to hear that. Have a read of this, he ruled our SL then changed his mind.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/n ... 4tkrug686d
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Makes me laugh this place. We sign 2 good players to replace 2 good players snd we have been crap in the market.

Wire and Leeds do the same and its a good thing for them.

Of all signings this season for next Catalan and us have the 2 best players coming in. ST and ZH to us.