‪19-Man Squad: Vs Huddersfield‬

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: ‪19-Man Squad: Vs Huddersfield‬

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote:
Barney841 wrote:I honestly do think with a new coach and a couple of signings we will be a different team next season.
Fresh ideas and a new enthusiasm are needed in this team.
Hate to say it but look at saints, look a different team with hollbrok arriving. They look like there really enjoying there rugby at the moment and have all the momentum
Yes, and baring Walmsley no injuries. It makes a dig difference.
The thing about Holbrook he plays his strongest side no resting of players they just play it’s quite old fashioned in its way but something I like to see
jobo

Post by jobo »

fozzieskem wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
Barney841 wrote:I honestly do think with a new coach and a couple of signings we will be a different team next season.
Fresh ideas and a new enthusiasm are needed in this team.
Hate to say it but look at saints, look a different team with hollbrok arriving. They look like there really enjoying there rugby at the moment and have all the momentum
Yes, and baring Walmsley no injuries. It makes a dig difference.
The thing about Holbrook he plays his strongest side no resting of players they just play it’s quite old fashioned in its way but something I like to see
I think NSDU point is that Sts have had the luxury of a seemingly fully fit squad. Lose a couple of key players to injury and they'd struggle.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

No straw damn us wrote:Sarginson, Manfredi, Forsyth, Higginson, Burgess, Williams, Shorrocks, Sutton, Ganson, Wells, Farrell, Greenwood, Bateman.

Not a bad team that.
Sarginson, You MUST be kidding??!!!!
Manfredi, Been out almost 2 years, however Davies and Marshal have proven we have not missed him as much as most would think
Forsyth, Utter rubbish player. No pace for SL and no skills to make up for that with ball in hand
Higginson, who???!!!!
Burgess, Ditto Manfredi reply
Williams, Missed
Shorrocks, Crap at Salford and they sign a trouble maker from Aus to replace him
Sutton, Missed
Ganson, Wane doesn't think he is good enough defensively
Wells, Who???!!!!
Farrell, Missed
Greenwood, Plays like one game and he is "missed", like saying we are missing Ellery Hanley
Bateman. Biggest loss of the lot
Not a bad team that.
Bet it would lose more games than it won :wink:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote:
acwrlfc wrote:We need to accept we are poorly coached and players drop out with the slightest injury.

A new coach like at Saints drives them on with no connections, the sooner this clique and excuses goes the better, I think a complete new coaching staff is needed
It's just stale. No different to last season. The one new "tactic", the "switcheroo" has gone stale because Escare is showing poor form.
I would say the issue is that the "switcheroo" is now seeing Escare play half back, a position he clearly looks uncomfortable in and doesn't play well in. Time to call an end to it and pick a half back to go into half back when we swap Tommy/Powell
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: