A proper centre back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: A proper centre back

Post by mrs_carney »

So we've done alright without vaealiki have we? Most of our tries these past couple of games have been conceded on the wings. Him being back allows carney and dallas to have proper centres. We have missed vaealikis defence and ability to get the ball out to dallas.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

I was impressed with him at London but he has been a liability for us.On the flipside when we get some forwards we may see a different player.How long have we got left on DM and DO contracts.This is where we need to recruit long term to win grand finals
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I can't see how he's been a liability. The only thing he's done wrong is not lit up the pitch with amazing performances. He hasn't overly impressed me this seaon, but he's done no wrong. He seems to be an average player. But hes a big centre, which is what we need with rads being out as well. The only problem he will have is a possible re-ocurance of his injury, which may make him slack on tackling.
Next season for moran and 07 i think for orr.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Sorry i went off thread i was on about Moran.I saw DV play NRL and am a big fan as i have posted previously i think it took him a while to settle he came over with an injury and then he got injured over here.He looks like one of the few players who can sniff a try.
botica

Post by botica »

He can buy a plane ticket home!!!
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
botica

Post by botica »

Moran that is.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

A bit harsh on mr moran arent we? A struggling player in a struggling side springs to mind, maybe with less injuries to the team and a more consistant side things would be different! As for DV, hes not the speediest of players but the man sure can tackle! and from 10 metres out he takes some stopping too! Hes scored some strong trys this season already, and whoever his wingman is will see some action on fri! Im sure glad hes back!!!
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Why is everybody praising his defence? He was very weak for most of the time and made some bad errors. This aside i'm very happy to have him back and think he can add something to the team again, just don't think we should be expecting to much.
bertina

Post by bertina »

warriors posted:
vaealiki a proper centre. He hasnt dont that much for us. But this time when he comes back he might do something for the team. But 1 of the worst players that we have MORON, sorry moran. he can't catch a ball, he can't pass the ball. What can he do????????
Just a tiny bit more than "sick note" Danny Orr, but I do admit that's not a lot