george williams to australia

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
pedro

Re: george williams to australia

Post by pedro »

window77 wrote:heard a from a very good source George Williams going to Australia next season talks on going with wigan to release him. money grabbing t###
id say more like trying to get a return on their investment
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

The way GWigan has been playing this season I wouldn't think any NRL team would want him.
ian b

Post by ian b »

can't see it being true
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/pa ... -doubtful/

"Newcastle Knights’ war-chest of cash to transform them into title contenders could lead them into making an audacious move for Wigan and England stand-off George Williams, report League Express.

Knights coach Nathan Brown is keen to bring in a couple of high-profile signings and League Express report that the NRL club are interested in Williams."
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

That same media outlets says that Newcastle are hot on the heels of Roberts from Warrington (which is 100% more likely)

Simply put, this "scoop" came from someone reading this thread and making out that it in itself is now defacto
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
markill

Post by markill »

I'm not sure whether there is anything in this particular rumour. My bigger concern is that this isn't the first George Williams leaving rumour to be put in print this year. So you would think either the journalists have lost any integrity in double sourcing their info before printing it or someone in George's camp is trying to manufacture some interest.

The constant desire to get rid of Williams from a bunch of our fans is really baffling. They must see something different to me. I see a really talented and creative kid who our side are far more threatening with him in than with him out. A player who continues to create chances for our team and ask questions of the opposition.

He's not a perfect player, and if you think marquee money should only be given to perfect players then that's fine as opinions go, but I didn't want to see him leave last year when he was offered a new deal by the club and I don't want to see him leave now.

I just want him to get back in the team and to then work on the things where he isn't great yet whilst still being great at what he has done so successfully in his career so far. I know we see him make a number of bad reads or wrong decisions, but that's because he's relied on more than any other half back in the competition due to the personnel around him and the tactics they're given. He can be so frustrating to watch because we know how talented he is yet we see how many times it doesn't go perfectly, but when you have your hands on the ball as much as he does you will see lots of frustrating bits of play.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

George and Sam are our most creative players and Sam is leaving.
GW is on a 4 year deal as I understand it so the club can just say no for some considerable time.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I think one of the reasons so many are on his back is because of how talented he is, but isn't showing it. He's desperate for a new coach to help him progress. There's no way Wane was ever going to help him get better.

If he ended up signing for Warrington or even Leeds I would be gutted. He'd end up doing a Sean Long and come back to haunt us.

He's desperate for a half back partner to help him and a good coach, hopefully Lam will provide both of these and we'll see a vast improvement next season.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

First Try Tickle wrote:I think one of the reasons so many are on his back is because of how talented he is, but isn't showing it. He's desperate for a new coach to help him progress. There's no way Wane was ever going to help him get better.

If he ended up signing for Warrington or even Leeds I would be gutted. He'd end up doing a Sean Long and come back to haunt us.

He's desperate for a half back partner to help him and a good coach, hopefully Lam will provide both of these and we'll see a vast improvement next season.
A great player wouldn't need help, Fans have pinned their hopes on him being the next Andy Gregory and he is nowhere near that standard and never will be, If this had been the NRL he would have been demoted to the Intrust Super Premiership never to be seen again, Good/Great players don't need other Good/Great players to make them play good, He reminds me of Luke Robinson, Amazing Potential but not good enough to fill it
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:I think one of the reasons so many are on his back is because of how talented he is, but isn't showing it. He's desperate for a new coach to help him progress. There's no way Wane was ever going to help him get better.

A great player wouldn't need help, Fans have pinned their hopes on him being the next Andy Gregory and he is nowhere near that standard and never will be, If this had been the NRL he would have been demoted to the Intrust Super Premiership never to be seen again, Good/Great players don't need other Good/Great players to make them play good, He reminds me of Luke Robinson, Amazing Potential but not good enough to fill it

George’s original position all through his academy & junior positions was scrum half, not stand off, which is where he has been played ever since he was promoted to the first team.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan