george williams to australia

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jao711

Re: george williams to australia

Post by jao711 »

NICKYKISS wrote:I’ve been posting on various forums, social media etc all season that I’ll reserve judgment on Richardson until I see him face some adversity. I see a ‘decent’ young scrum half playing in a team that’s been white hot with everything running for them. The sky boys tell me he’s the second coming but I’ve yet to see it. I see a kid who has a real confidence about him and can kick goals but I remember another Saints youngster in Jamie Foster who did that as well and whilst I think Richardson has more of a future in the game then he did, I honestly don’t quite see the hype.

I watched him only a couple of weeks ago at our place struggle to create anything even though his team was totally dominant. His kicking from hand seems to be lauded but it looks aimless half the time, he’s defensively frail and his passing isn’t cutting teams open.

Better then Williams? Pull the other one. George Williams has things to work on and he needs to find a consistency to his game but swap him in to the Saints side for Richardson this year, with him playing under Holbrook and it would’ve been carnage.
. He faced some adversity on Sunday behind a beaten pack and we saw the result. He still has much to llearn.It was the first time Saints have been put under real pressure for some time ,although Wire tested them.Ithink we all learned a lot from that result.Very reminiscent of Cas last year.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:The first time I clapped eyes on Richardson I thought him good,he just gets better though each time I see him,quite how he wasn’t picked for the Denver test I’ll never know,he’s good enough,if and when Holbrook goes home I wonder if he will alert teams over there to him? Assuming they all ready know of course it seems to me always better coming from the horses mouth so to speak
He really reminds me of long and having long teaching him will help him develop no end. He's cocky - like a scrum half should be he tries things others wouldnt and wants to be the centre of every play - again like a good scrum half should be

Yet some Saints fans think he overplays ,as you say wants to be the centre of every play.Even Holbrook hinted at it.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

jao711 wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: They also took richie mathers and scott moore - they arent infallible and often they take punts, josh hodgson was a nobody when he went over likewise Mike Cooper.

Williams for me is an Albert Kelly type player, put him with a steady 7 who manages the game and he is deadly - give him the responsibility of managing the game and he is bang average

Richardson is better than Williams btw
. Kelly is good when he’s in the right humour but he doesn’t always turn up,and his fitness leaves alotto be desired.

You are right Richardson is a better player tha Williams, and the latter is not fit to lace Kellys boots.
. Kelly is good when he’s in the right humour but he doesn’t always turn up,and his fitness leaves a lot to be desired.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Email from the club

Wait for it.......

8pm

Maybe telling us the news George is leaving! ????????

Or possibly the new Coach tho! ????

As an aside, Shaun Edwards was at St Pats last night! ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Goodness, I'd like to think that Giz was our new coach over and above any other applicant. By a country mile!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Goodness, I'd like to think that Giz was our new coach over and above any other applicant. By a country mile!
Well he is now. Or will be in 2020. If Williams really wants to swan off to Oz rather than be coached by two of the best half backs Wigan have ever had despite being the marquee player, he is mental.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Fan4Fifty wrote:Sorry ancientnloyal, this is a forum of opinions I accept, but that comment is totally unjustified and quite insulting to GW. There's still unfulfilled potential there but I want to see him in a system that plays to his strengths. For me, he would be a big loss.
Our half back play this season is insulting to the Club
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I know about the story today in the Oz press,but where did this thread and story originate from?

For me I see it as an utter non starter and he will stay at Wigan for a couple of years at least,I wonder if IL will mention it later on?
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

fozzieskem wrote:I know about the story today in the Oz press,but where did this thread and story originate from?

For me I see it as an utter non starter and he will stay at Wigan for a couple of years at least,I wonder if IL will mention it later on?
Ian Lenagan admits George Williams is attracting interest from three NRL clubs.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9292916