george williams to australia

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: george williams to australia

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:If Williams is "so poor" why the interest from Australia?
They took sarge and he is very poor.
They also took richie mathers and scott moore - they arent infallible and often they take punts, josh hodgson was a nobody when he went over likewise Mike Cooper.

Williams for me is an Albert Kelly type player, put him with a steady 7 who manages the game and he is deadly - give him the responsibility of managing the game and he is bang average

Richardson is better than Williams btw
And the fuse just got lit.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The first time I clapped eyes on Richardson I thought him good,he just gets better though each time I see him,quite how he wasn’t picked for the Denver test I’ll never know,he’s good enough,if and when Holbrook goes home I wonder if he will alert teams over there to him? Assuming they all ready know of course it seems to me always better coming from the horses mouth so to speak
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote:The first time I clapped eyes on Richardson I thought him good,he just gets better though each time I see him,quite how he wasn’t picked for the Denver test I’ll never know,he’s good enough,if and when Holbrook goes home I wonder if he will alert teams over there to him? Assuming they all ready know of course it seems to me always better coming from the horses mouth so to speak
He really reminds me of long and having long teaching him will help him develop no end. He's cocky - like a scrum half should be he tries things others wouldnt and wants to be the centre of every play - again like a good scrum half should be

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:If Williams is "so poor" why the interest from Australia?
They also took richie mathers and scott moore - they arent infallible and often they take punts, josh hodgson was a nobody when he went over likewise Mike Cooper.

Williams for me is an Albert Kelly type player, put him with a steady 7 who manages the game and he is deadly - give him the responsibility of managing the game and he is bang average

You are right Richardson is a better player tha Williams, and the latter is not fit to lace Kellys boots.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

old hooker wrote:

That's interesting, why do you think so?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
old hooker wrote: They took sarge and he is very poor.

That's interesting, why do you think so?
I think he just is a better all round scrum half, he runs games for saints - now granted a different coach may elevate Williams but a documented issue for Williams is how vocal he is and how much command he takes of a game. Bennett told him this was an area of his game he had to address but even after a couple of years i don't see it improving.

Williams has got a cruel step and is good off the cuff but for me Richardson runs the game, he sets the plays up and dominates play like long used to do. Williams can go missing in games.

i just think Richardson has more in his arsenal
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sorry could not resist " They gave Sargenson a contract " and he was sensational at the Gold Coast I think not . then the bastards dumped him back on us to make us pay.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ddtftf wrote:

Sorry could not resist " They gave Sargenson a contract " and he was sensational at the Gold Coast I think not . then the bastards dumped him back on us to make us pay.
Lol

They were looking for idiots who buys back failed players and they knew where to go to.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I wont miss him never markee pkayer
ian b

Post by ian b »

Suzieb wrote:I wont miss him never markee pkayer
i wouldn't want him to go and under a new coach who knows how good he could be