george williams to australia

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ian b

Re: george williams to australia

Post by ian b »

i remember how many people on here said he was signing for warrington and i knew he had signed a new deal, its funny sometimes !!!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I think we will see in the next 12 months or so wether williams will grow into his potential and become the player we all hope he can be,any longer and he remains meee potential then I think we as fans have to accept this is as good gets.

Interesting times ahead.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:I think one of the reasons so many are on his back is because of how talented he is, but isn't showing it. He's desperate for a new coach to help him progress. There's no way Wane was ever going to help him get better.

If he ended up signing for Warrington or even Leeds I would be gutted. He'd end up doing a Sean Long and come back to haunt us.

He's desperate for a half back partner to help him and a good coach, hopefully Lam will provide both of these and we'll see a vast improvement next season.
A great player wouldn't need help, Fans have pinned their hopes on him being the next Andy Gregory and he is nowhere near that standard and never will be, If this had been the NRL he would have been demoted to the Intrust Super Premiership never to be seen again, Good/Great players don't need other Good/Great players to make them play good, He reminds me of Luke Robinson, Amazing Potential but not good enough to fill it
Just remind me when you're donating your penny to Wigan via Sky subscriptions who you actually think is half decent in the team?
You constantly deride players whether they have quality or not and thus nullify your argument!
They often say a fool can constantly criticise and you always do!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:I think one of the reasons so many are on his back is because of how talented he is, but isn't showing it. He's desperate for a new coach to help him progress. There's no way Wane was ever going to help him get better.

If he ended up signing for Warrington or even Leeds I would be gutted. He'd end up doing a Sean Long and come back to haunt us.

He's desperate for a half back partner to help him and a good coach, hopefully Lam will provide both of these and we'll see a vast improvement next season.
A great player wouldn't need help, Fans have pinned their hopes on him being the next Andy Gregory and he is nowhere near that standard and never will be, If this had been the NRL he would have been demoted to the Intrust Super Premiership never to be seen again, Good/Great players don't need other Good/Great players to make them play good, He reminds me of Luke Robinson, Amazing Potential but not good enough to fill it
Just remind me when you're donating your penny to Wigan via Sky subscriptions who you actually think is half decent in the team?
You constantly deride players whether they have quality or not and thus nullify your argument!
They often say a fool can constantly criticise and you always do!!
Oh look, Superfans chirping up again, Remind me again the vast amounts of money that you pump into the club so myself and other users can be mega impressed. PS, If you don't like my opinion or what I say then don't read my post's or even better put me on ignore, At least I am using the site for talking about RL unlike you who just slags off other users and shows your bitterness by constantly bitching and moaning about Brexit, Oh and maybe you should actually read some of my posts where I have praised certain players but then again that goes against your agenda doesn't it Superfan :thum:
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Wiganer Ted wrote:George and Sam are our most creative players and Sam is leaving.
GW is on a 4 year deal as I understand it so the club can just say no for some considerable time.
He may well be one of most creative players, but I would say he hasn'the been this seas on when he only seems to run across the defensive line without showing what a class player he could be. I realise he has a donkey as half back partner, but that will not changer until Shaun Wane leaves the club.

If it is the case that George does go to the NRL, I hope that the club get a good fee for him. Just as a bit of a side matter. I notice how well Hampshire is playing for Wakefield. He was considered not good enough for Wigan. Good bit of work their Mr Wane lEttington Rocky go and keeping that donkey Powell.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:

George’s original position all through his academy & junior positions was scrum half, not stand off, which is where he has been played ever since he was promoted to the first team.
And who was his halfback partner then Josie?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Well if he is still here this time next year the question of it was Wane's fault of it is his ability will be answered.
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

George Williams half back partner was Ryan Hampshire. At Academy level they tore teams apart. IIRC Ryan got injured at the end of the season. George was then promoted to first team and given the no.6 shirt when Blake Green left as Matty Smith was our no.7. When Ryan returned to fitness he was told to play fullback. The rest is history.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Both Williams and Hampshire were tearing it up in the academy and had great potential, but potential is nothing until it is fulfilled and neither have done so.Hampshire was soon released and Williams should follow suit he is simply not good enough.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hampshire has seemingly finally settled st Wakey his talent shone before he grew into it and I hope he settles down there but he was potential and nothing more,I just hope Williams doesn’t follow suit