Re: Backroom staff.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

God knows! Lol

I agree with your concern and I think the club's disregard for keeping the fans informed is quite staggering.

In any other commercial business the paying client would take his business elsewhere. Perhaps IFL needs to speak up and let the fans know what the hell is going on rather than blaming falling crowds for his cost cutting measures.

If he won't invest until crowds pick up we will be playing St Judes soon.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

God wrote:So we have had the drama of the playing staff.... Bateman, both Tomkins brothers, Williams and Sutton either rumoured to he going or actually gone and then the debacle of backroom staff SW gone, Bitcon rumoured to be going and now Matty Peet, both very respected coaches/backroom staff. Who’s next? Chris Brooks?....Which leaves the question....

What the bloody hell is going on at the club? Rumours flying around about who will be the new head coach, onfield faliure, Lenegan looking to sell, as a Wigan fan I’ve never been so down hearted as to which direction this club is going, it’s depressing to the point of discontent. God knows what the remaining players are feeling.

There’s no feel good factor on or off the pitch and it’s a massive concern.
. I have half expected Bitcon to end up in Scotland but the rumour I heard was that Winder was on his way
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

apparently the lack of resources are the reasons for certain people leaving, people expected to do their job and the jobs of others besides.

looks like IL has tightened his belt too tight and cut off the circulation to his legs !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

we are a laughing stock in the Rugby world and that blue and white shite are lapping it up
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

PAB721

Post by PAB721 »

While I agree that it can be frustrating not to know what is actually going on, I don't think that we can really expect the club to comment on every rumour that people (however well-informed they might claim to be) choose to start. I do appreciate though that there does seem to be a mood of 'rats leaving a sinking ship' right now and it would show the supporters some much needed respect if the club could come out and give us some assurances that things are actually under control and tell us how things are being addressed to ensure this great club continues to be able to operate successfully at the highest level of the game.

I guess that it might well be that a number of the backroom staff may be leaving as I expect the new Head Coach will want to bring in a number of his (or her...) trusted Lieutenants, so we can probably expect some, if not all, of the rumours spoken about on this thread to be true. You never know, we may get some even better people than we have now (it wasn't long ago people were complaining about the fitness and medical side of the club, after all).

What would be nice perhaps, would be for IL and/or KR to publish a regular (e.g. monthly) update on the status of a number of concerns the supporters have - they have enough sources to know what is causing concern on the terraces (be it: players, coaches, playing style, discipline, a new ground, selling the club or all the other things that regularly appear on this forum - and were highlighted by the survey we all completed) and he is savvy enough to know that supporters eventually vote with their feet if they become disillusioned - which invariably means a drop in income for the club. As a successful businessman, IL will understand the importance of clear communications - especially during times of change, so it is surprising that the club seem to be doing little in the way of PR to ensure that concern amongst the supporters doesn't turn into resentment and rebellion at the turnstiles.

I really hope that more open communication with the fans works it's way to the top of IL's In-Box - sooner, rather than later as I fear for our great club.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

When Waney announced his departure it was obvious that others would leave and seek out other opportunities rather than wait for the new coach to say "you are not in my plans".
By leaving others are controlling their own future not hoping things will be ok with the new coach, which they might not be. If the new coach says "goodbye" then people are in a panic as to their future,
and not in control.
Nothing that has happened, or rumoured to be, has surprised me one bit.
We have a high expense outfit that isn't winning trophies and doesn't look like they will any time soon.
We need a massive improvement and only change will bring this about.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

"Cheer up" they said, "things could be worse." So I cheered up and, sure enough, things got worse.

Is it a case of "be careful what you wish for - you might get it?

All those who've been wanting Wane to go, for years in some cases, are getting their wish. Guess who'll be complaining within half a season of his replacement starting? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

morley pie eater wrote:"Cheer up" they said, "things could be worse." So I cheered up and, sure enough, things got worse.

Is it a case of "be careful what you wish for - you might get it?

All those who've been wanting Wane to go, for years in some cases, are getting their wish. Guess who'll be complaining within half a season of his replacement starting? :lol: :lol: :lol:
So you're saying we should have kept Wane for another ex-number years rather than risk the possibility of some staff leaving??

Go back to watching Bramley or Batley or whoever you said you enjoy watching
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Not sure what all the panic is about. In both football and rugby when a new coach is appointed its quite common for the new coach to bring his own team in.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

That's true, but in most cases they actually have a new coach before everyone else leaves!!