Season ticket auto-renewal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Season ticket auto-renewal

Post by the pieman »

just had an email dropped in saying that season tickets will be auto-renewed (as i selected it previously) by 17th August

whilst i appreciate that some may be happy with this i would prefer the season to end and we actually know what the format is going to be next year given recent discussions / disagreements between the club chairmen

tickets are frozen for the 3rd year - i do disagree with as we lost a game to be played in Oz this year, so although the price was the same we lost a home game and we dont know what the hell is going on next year so a bit of poor marketing IMO

however i must admit that although there is an element of frustration on my behalf, the club should also be commended for getting this out early for those that want to plan to pay etc
Wandering Warrior

Re: Season ticket auto-renewal

Post by Wandering Warrior »

It's good marketing actually. Get you to pay for something you don't know what you are getting!
A bit like voting Brexit really.????????
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I will have to dig my renewal form out from last year, as I seriously can't remember it saying the renewal would be taken in August.

I think IL is waiting to see how many renew before he decides if the new coach will be Lam or Winder.

Its like paying for your 2019 summer holiday before going on this years, and not being told where your going and who with.

And its not even cheaper anymore, with all the offers they give out as the season unfolds.

Typical shambles again.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I don't recall it saying August on the form either and I have also got the renewal email.

In isolation I am sure the club thinks this is a good idea and you ought to think those who do this should get tickets in time for Christmas presents (though don't count on it...).

It's not being done in isolation though is it. We don't know who the new coach is nor more crucially what the league format is so we do not know what we are paying for in terms of games.

That said I suspect those on auto-renew are the least likely not to renew even if we re-appointed Milward as coach so the club will get their renewals.

Aliso does anyone know how this affects renewing the car park pass? I have not looked in detail myself yet but I renew my car park 3 pass at the same time as the tickets as I am sure most who have a car park pass do also.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wandering Warrior wrote:It's good marketing actually. Get you to pay for something you don't know what you are getting!
Wrong wrong wrong WW. Freedom if we get rid of Maggie May and get Boris in to run a proper Brexit strategy as well as saving £39 billion.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
jobo

Post by jobo »

ian.birchall wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:It's good marketing actually. Get you to pay for something you don't know what you are getting!
Wrong wrong wrong WW. Freedom if we get rid of Maggie May and get Boris in to run a proper Brexit strategy as well as saving £39 billion.
Boris the bungler?

What position does he play?

I seem to remember him in a publicity stunt bungling a child over once but should he come up against real men then the fat oaf is mince.

Anyway, back to season tickets.
IL and KR better have something sorted for the good and we need to know about it pretty quick. I'll be renewing mine because I always do but I've talked to plenty who say they won't be.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Not been a STH since leaving Wigan in 1992, but travelled to many matches since then home and away. This season is the first season I have not attended any games, ( nor has my lad who's also a lifelong fan)

Purely down to the product on display.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall wrote:
Proper Brexit strategy? That is an oxymoron. Seems like you are another leave voter getting their excuses ready for your vote wrecking the country, i.e. brexit won't have done "properly" so it's not your fault. When in fact neither you nor Boris have the slightest idea of how to make a no-deal brexit work.

Apologies to others for picking up on that comment but I just could not let it pass.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ian.birchall wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: thats so funny.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ian.birchall wrote:
Boris couldn’t statagise finding his way out of a paper bag