Super 8 fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Super 8 fixtures

Post by morley pie eater »

As I understand it, and assuming Cas beat Widnes on Sunday (!), these will be our fixtures:

Home: Cats, Wakefield, Wire, Cas
Away: Huddersfield, Hull, Saints.

Our two closest rivals from below are Cas and Wire. The good news is we play both at home - if I'm right.

Another possible advantage over Warrington is that they have to play Catalans away.

I can imagine the reaction and comments about our form, but this is just an attempt to work out the fixtures. The official version is due out on Wednesday, I believe.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Re: Super 8 fixtures

Post by DaveO »

Some on Facebook seem to thing we have an away game at Cats. I have no idea.

As to form, other results have been going our way recently such that we'd have to lose 5 out of the 7 and the Giants win all theirs for us not to qualify for the semi final. We can be almost as poor as recent weeks and still make the semis.

I'll tell you what though if the Giants do get in the 4 they could on current form go all the way. If they look like doing that I would not be surprised if another team assured of their place lost to us deliberately so they were not playing the form team of the moment, the Giants. :D
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Saints, Hull and Cats away.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

So the complete set is Saints, Huddersfield and Catalan away, Warrington, Hull, Cas and Wakey at home
morley pie eater

Sorry, I'm not disputing anybody's version, but mine is based on RL website:

http://www.rugby-league.com/super-eights

All I did was swap Wire and Cas, as they give it "as it stands" and I assumed Cas will beat Widnes & move into 3rd.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

DaveO wrote:So the complete set is Saints, Huddersfield and Catalan away, Warrington, Hull, Cas and Wakey at home
I was wrong and you're right, Dave - according to latest version on RL site anyway. I made the elementary mistake of assuming RLHQ know what they're doing.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Updated version of Super 8 fixtures

http://www.rugby-league.com/super-eights
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Catalan away is the only game we don’t go to other than that,fingers crossed we should be able to get to the other two away..Huddersfield is a very for me as they do do a really nice pie there????
markill

Post by markill »

Being speculative, I think we'll be playing on the first Thursday night against Castleford. Sky will want a big name game to kick off the Super 8s and with Wire/Saints in the cup on Sunday, I reckon this will be picked.

Then, I think we'll be away at Huddersfield the following Friday, as Latics are at home but Town are away that week. That's my guesses anyway.

Based on what I've worked out from Latics home schedule, I also think we might have a Sunday home game in the 8s.

Of course, we'll actually find out the schedule on Wednesday and I'll be completely wrong with my predictions.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

markill wrote:Being speculative, I think we'll be playing on the first Thursday night against Castleford. Sky will want a big name game to kick off the Super 8s and with Wire/Saints in the cup on Sunday, I reckon this will be picked.

Then, I think we'll be away at Huddersfield the following Friday, as Latics are at home but Town are away that week. That's my guesses anyway.

Based on what I've worked out from Latics home schedule, I also think we might have a Sunday home game in the 8s.

Of course, we'll actually find out the schedule on Wednesday and I'll be completely wrong with my predictions.
If its anything like that I doubt I’d get to any of the games..