Foul and abusive behaviour

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fozzius

Foul and abusive behaviour

Post by Fozzius »

I have been an interested observer of this web site for over a year as it is the only decent wigan rl site around with good chat and opinions. But until Sundays game i have never felt the need to lodge a post as I have been simply an interested observer of everybody elses opinions. But after Sundays match i felt i had to lodge a post as I am incredibly annoyed. As well as the result mine and my wifes afternoon was soured by the behaviour of one woman calling herself a so called wigan fan who with her son on her shoulder was spouting the foulest of language at anybody and everybody including my wife who is 6 months pregnant and a gentleman stood next to us who was handicapped and simply enjoying the game (he was a saints fan unfortunately) I have been going to matches for twenty years and have never experienced such foul and abusive behaviour. I can only assume that as i did not have my shirt on and because we were attending the match with some friends who were saints fans we were assumed to be the same (god forbid!) I know the game was incredilby disapointing and frustrating and I am no angel when it comes to swearing but I would never vent my anger on an innocent passer by or somebody who is not able to defend themselves. I know that 99.9999% of us wigan fans behave impacably and i am impressed at the way our fans outsung theirs for the whole of the game but I simply had to vent my anger and dissapointment at this so called wigan fan!! :(

I feel better now I have said that - On the plus side things can only get better after sunday surely :conf:
Lockers15

Re: Foul and abusive behaviour

Post by Lockers15 »

Fozzius posted:
I have been an interested observer of this web site for over a year as it is the only decent wigan rl site around with good chat and opinions. But until Sundays game i have never felt the need to lodge a post as I have been simply an interested observer of everybody elses opinions. But after Sundays match i felt i had to lodge a post as I am incredibly annoyed. As well as the result mine and my wifes afternoon was soured by the behaviour of one woman calling herself a so called wigan fan who with her son on her shoulder was spouting the foulest of language at anybody and everybody including my wife who is 6 months pregnant and a gentleman stood next to us who was handicapped and simply enjoying the game (he was a saints fan unfortunately) I have been going to matches for twenty years and have never experienced such foul and abusive behaviour. I can only assume that as i did not have my shirt on and because we were attending the match with some friends who were saints fans we were assumed to be the same (god forbid!) I know the game was incredilby disapointing and frustrating and I am no angel when it comes to swearing but I would never vent my anger on an innocent passer by or somebody who is not able to defend themselves. I know that 99.9999% of us wigan fans behave impacably and i am impressed at the way our fans outsung theirs for the whole of the game but I simply had to vent my anger and dissapointment at this so called wigan fan!! :(

I feel better now I have said that - On the plus side things can only get better after sunday surely :conf:
sorry but I admitt to a f or a blind from time to time but its from the adreninaline of a refs decision not going your way or knocking on right in front of the line.
Fozzius

Re: Foul and abusive behav...

Post by Fozzius »

I have no problem with the odd f and jeff and i do show my frustration at players and refs with the best of them but its when people aim this at others in the stand with them. Everybody is entitled to support their own team without the fear of intimidating behaviour! - after all this is rugby not football! The worst thing is I am a wigan fan.
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Behaviour is getting worse at RL games sadly. My mate went to Saints for the game and a number of teenage 'saints' took it upon themselves to spit at him as he walked past them, while swearing at him. :angry:
willie c

Post by willie c »

most of the half bakes who shame our game with their behaviour have never played rugby league
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
Wizard_Millward

willie c posted:
most of the half bakes who shame our game with their behaviour have never played rugby league
Sorry, i just fail to see your point. :conf:
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

I have been in your situation although i can happily say not at a Wigan game. We can all make excuses for these idiots but what can we do about them i would like this woman to apologise but am guessing that she wont even care about her actions. I agree with the post about it being more like football at the moment but its up to our fans surrounding these idiots to say something and for all decent fans to get together and kick off when we see or hear this happen.( i mean this in a non violent way)
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

I had trouble like that once last season but with a couple of drunk fans in th esouth stand at the JJB. The almost landed on top of my wife but a word to the head stewards soon put things right. I agree we need to weed people like that women out as they are not real fans

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

:( south stand again :( sorry to the othr 99.999% but what a surprise was we all like that when we was that age,drunk all the time :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Wizard_Millward

I am that age and have never drunk before or during the game. It's not all the young uns you know!