O Loughlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: O Loughlin

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The case against Bird in Aus was dropped I'm pretty sure about.
He won't have a blinder in the Cup Final as he's banned.
Why would he come here when it looks like his coaching career is now under way at Catalans.

Who will replace Lockers as a player is a big one for the new coaches as well as IL and Rads.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Wiganer Ted wrote:The case against Bird in Aus was dropped I'm pretty sure about.
He won't have a blinder in the Cup Final as he's banned.
Why would he come here when it looks like his coaching career is now under way at Catalans.

Who will replace Lockers as a player is a big one for the new coaches as well as IL and Rads.
He definitely won't have a blinder next week then :eusa4:
I seem to remember Bird having a work permit/visa denied a few years back, I'm pretty sure about that.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Greg Bird or Paul Gallen.
Gall is 37 (and going around for the Sharks again next year, I gather). And Bird is the biggest grub in the game.

What about John Asiata? He doesn't seem to get regular game-time with the Cowboys.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Spoke to Lockers at the U19's today and he said he will back for the next game, (Saints). Said may have been OK for today, (Catalans), but it was decided to leave it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

moto748 wrote:
Gall is 37 (and going around for the Sharks again next year, I gather). And Bird is the biggest grub in the game.

What about John Asiata? He doesn't seem to get regular game-time with the Cowboys.
We badly need a grub.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

josie andrews wrote:
Give over ????

Bird is 34 & Gallen is 37!
Very true but that doesn't make them bad players. Their clubs' get more VFM than we do out of some of our 30+ year olds.
shaunedwardsfanclub

josie andrews wrote:
Give over ????

Bird is 34 & Gallen is 37!
Not bad for a 37 year old https://www.sharks.com.au/teams/telstra ... ul-gallen/Tell me who we have who can compete with his stats?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: We badly need a grub.
Aw, don't say that, sefc!

I don't believe we do, anyway. And unlike the NRL, where red cards are like hen's teeth, SL refs, for all their faults, are (rightly, in my view), prepared to show them. Winning sides don't give away penalties. Even a supreme cynic like Craig Bellamy recognises that.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Fan4Fifty wrote:Lots of people didn't like Lockers as captain for a good while on the basis that he was too quiet. But he led by example and gained respect. It may only be short-term for a few seasons but I see Tony Clubb in the same mould. No idea about his personality but in terms of leading by example and having respect of team-mates he's got to up there.

Tony Club doesnt spend enough time on the field to be a captain :blush: :blush: :blush:
superleague

Post by superleague »

ddtftf wrote:
Fan4Fifty wrote:Lots of people didn't like Lockers as captain for a good while on the basis that he was too quiet. But he led by example and gained respect. It may only be short-term for a few seasons but I see Tony Clubb in the same mould. No idea about his personality but in terms of leading by example and having respect of team-mates he's got to up there.

Tony Club doesnt spend enough time on the field to be a captain :blush: :blush: :blush:
Haha so true