Fereti Tuilagi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Fereti Tuilagi

Post by thegimble »

Tom_McCooey posted:
not a patch on Inga. He won't be up to league standards anymore, as he's been in union for way too long. Mind you, are any of our players league standard??
Inga is a legend in both codes. He is the reason i first went to Central Park. He was the best winger in Union in the late 80's early 90's. Lomu was never in this guys class.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

thegimble posted:
Tom_McCooey posted:
not a patch on Inga. He won't be up to league standards anymore, as he's been in union for way too long. Mind you, are any of our players league standard??
Inga is a legend in both codes. He is the reason i first went to Central Park. He was the best winger in Union in the late 80's early 90's. Lomu was never in this guys class.
do we agree on something else ,is that twice in 2 days.i remember his first game at cp he wouldnt leave the touch line ,we had to pasS the ball half way across pitch to get it to him.COMICAL BUT WHAT A STAR HE TURNED OUT TO BE .BEST TRY AGAINST the skints when he ran thrugh the team to score under sticks and win us the match.HERO,in the dieing seconds :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

thegimble posted:

Inga is a legend in both codes.
Never a league legend - he never played long enough and never played rep for NZ as far as I am aware.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Doveoverdave posted:
thegimble posted:

Never a league legend - he never played long enough and never played rep for NZ as far as I am aware.
was he not great for us at the time :sly:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mike binder posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
thegimble posted:

In a team of all stars no.
It was a disgace to drop Robinson for the cup final to play the then fat boy.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mike binder posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
thegimble posted:

In a team of all stars no.
It was a disgace to drop Robinson for the cup final to play the then fat boy.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Sorry people this guy was a legend. I can remember him doing this mad pass where he spun his arm in a big circle and releases the pass at the bottom during a warm up.My mate said cheeky @*!&$%@ he couldnt do that during a match oh yes he did and missed three players out and we scored off it in the corner. Boxing day last minute stains the look on the players faces at fulltime will stay with me forever.
damien morrissey

Who is this guy and where does he play.I am not anti RU but dont get much time to see it what qualities has he got that we need at the club
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

damien morrissey posted:
Sorry people this guy was a legend. I can remember him doing this mad pass where he spun his arm in a big circle and releases the pass at the bottom during a warm up.My mate said cheeky @*!&$%@ he couldnt do that during a match oh yes he did and missed three players out and we scored off it in the corner. Boxing day last minute stains the look on the players faces at fulltime will stay with me forever.
Is that you in the picture?
No never a league legend and not even a union legend because he never played internationally long enough to be a union legend and only completed a year or so at Wigan.
You don't know the meaning of the phrase.
damien morrissey

Surely a legend is somone who stays in your memory once there initial fame has gone.Due to the fact that somone has mentioned him in this thread and others agree fulfil the criteria for LEGEND.I never said he was the greatest player of his generation or even the best player at the club at at the time i just think we was a great player to watch.
What do you consider a requirement to be for a legend King Boody Arthur i didnt see him in the cherry and white so hes out.