Cayless

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Cayless

Post by mrs_carney »

Saints never wanted DV :conf:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

mrs_carney posted:
Yes they did, we were in a bidding war with them and they pulled out and got Lyon, this is how i led to beleive anyway.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
oh yes they did dv chose us over them they didnt pull out ,then they found a lion in the jungle instead :lol: :cool:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
dr aiden nealson

Post by dr aiden nealson »

i think the story goes something like this,saints we're bidding for david verilucky as a smoke screen so wigan wouldn't come anywhere near jamie and his magic ball.i think the plan might have worked :D
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

dr aiden nealson posted:
i think the story goes something like this,saints we're bidding for david verilucky as a smoke screen so wigan wouldn't come anywhere near jamie and his magic ball.i think the plan might have worked :D
I heard the rumour on RLfans but it seems a little far-fetched to me.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Vaealiki was told by Parra basically to see what he could get because they were buying Tahu and there were more than a few issues there. He received offers from Saints, Wigan and another English club (can't remember who but i think possibly London) and also 3 NRL clubs Bulldogs, Souths and NZ Warriors. Dave decided he needed a change so was gonna take one of the English offers and ended up choosing Wigan because of a few players he knew there and who were going there. And Wigan had also offered him a deal a few years earlier.

I assure you that at no time Saints interest was a cover for them buying Lyon for the simple fact that at the time Dave was signed there was no possibility of Jamie going to England. He was at that time in arguments with the Parramatta club about walking out on them and he had his eye set on going to Manly.

It was only a little while later when Parra issued Jamie with a release on the condition that he was not to play in the NRL that there was ever consideration of going to England.

Just thought i'd clear that issue up :wink:
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Oh and it's good to see the official Wigan site has changed the pic they were using to accompany stories about Iafeta. For a while there they were using a pic of Wairangi Koopu.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
Oh and it's good to see the official Wigan site has changed the pic they were using to accompany stories about Iafeta. For a while there they were using a pic of Wairangi Koopu.
Maybe he's our signing for next week and they got confused. :roll:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3