Heritage Shirt Launched

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Heritage Shirt Launched

Post by josie andrews »

Warriors team up with Uncle Joe’s for Heritage Shirt

Long time Club partners Uncle Joe’s and official kit supplies Errea produce shirt that incorporates heritage numbers for past players

Wigan to provide free shirts and personalisation for all past players who have a heritage number

On the day Rugby League celebrates its 123rd birthday Wigan Warriors have teamed up with long-time partners Uncle Joe’s to release a limited edition heritage shirt to celebrate the Club’s past players.

The shirt, which is available to all ex-players who have represented Wigan’s first team free of charge, was launched at a past-players event where former players such as Andy Gregory (#833), Ian Potter (#806) and Ray Ashby (#630) were presented with a personalised version that includes their unique individual heritage number. The shirt will also be used as a training top for Wigan’s first team and fans are also able to purchase their own from Warriors World from £30 for juniors and £40 for adults.

The heritage numbers project, which was launched in 2013, recognises every player who has worn the Cherry & White of Wigan since the birth of ‘Rugby League’ at the George Hotel in Huddersfield on the 29th August 1895.

Warriors Executive Director, Kris Radlinski (#885): “We’re always looking at ways to re-engage with our past players and build on our heritage numbers project that we launched in 2013 so we’re delighted to launch this shirt.

“Uncle Joe’s is a proud Wigan company, who have always wanted to work with us by releasing a shirt so we’re very pleased be able to do so for such a special project. All of our former players can pick their own personalised shirt from Warriors World, free of charge, and we’re looking forward to seeing how many do so over the next few months.”

Former Wigan and Great Britain scrum-half, and Warriors hall of fame inductee Andy Gregory was presented with his own shirt at the Warriors past-players event earlier this month, said: “I’m extremely proud to have been presented with my own heritage shirt and I think it’s a fantastic idea to have them available for ex-players, and also for the fans. It’s great to have Uncle Joe’s on board in this project, as they’re long time supporters of the Club and I’m sure there will be plenty of other ex-players who’ll want to grab their own too.”

Traditional sweet company Uncle Joe’s was established in Wigan in 1898 by William Santus, and has remained in the town and is now under the ownership of Santus’ great nephews John and Antony Winnard. Speaking about the shirt’s launch, owner Jon Winnard said: “I think we are (Uncle Joe’s) part of town, much like Wigan Warriors are, and our story of growth mirrored the town’s love affair with the sport of rugby league. Our great uncle William used to go to Central Park and give out the sweets on the terraces and we’ve always wanted to support the Club so we’re delighted to part of the project that celebrates the rich history of the Wigan Rugby League.”

The Warriors heritage shirt is available for all former players who have represented the first team at the Warriors World for free. Fans can purchase the shirt online and in-store with personalisation of their favourite Wigan Warriors players, past and present, available.

Click here to purchase the Warriors Uncle Joe’s Heritage Shirt

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... a09r8Rm.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Heritage Shirt Launched

Post by Firestarter »

Bloody hell ian potter hasnt changed much
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just looking at the new heritage shirt and i cant help thinking we dont half try to sell some s#%#e to us fans.....40 quid for that? What a swiz.....on another note i think its time we moved our store into a bigger one...... me and my family are sick ov going there and coming home disappointed........ maybe move into the down under leisure shop( as its closing)...... just a thought, but im sure its time as our club shop is one of the worst considering how big a club we are
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Good to see another event for past players.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

I think that the club might try to put a bigger shop within the Robin Park redevelopment, if that gets off the ground Firestarter.

I think this shirt is a great move by the club. Although I could be a cynic and say these extra shirts are just an attempt to drag more money out of us fans, at least when they are launched they are done so with a bit of purpose, publicity and presence.

as always, you only have to buy things from the club that you want to buy. I didn't buy either shirt his year, but I liked some of the other range they brought out so bought a hoodie instead. I'd much rather buy a heritage shirt that has some sort of meaning that those awful gold training tops they have on sale, that's for sure!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

markill wrote:I think that the club might try to put a bigger shop within the Robin Park redevelopment, if that gets off the ground Firestarter.

I think this shirt is a great move by the club. Although I could be a cynic and say these extra shirts are just an attempt to drag more money out of us fans, at least when they are launched they are done so with a bit of purpose, publicity and presence.

as always, you only have to buy things from the club that you want to buy. I didn't buy either shirt his year, but I liked some of the other range they brought out so bought a hoodie instead. I'd much rather buy a heritage shirt that has some sort of meaning that those awful gold training tops they have on sale, that's for sure!
them gold shirts are the worst...... the away kit is awful but i came home empty handed when i went for away shorts....... i did get the home shirt which is nice.... i do like the stars on it
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

They do have random names on there too, it is a travesty that James Leytham or Joe Miller aren’t on the list. Two of Wigan’s finest
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ancientnloyal wrote:They do have random names on there too, it is a travesty that James Leytham or Joe Miller aren’t on the list. Two of Wigan’s finest
Full list here including the two players you mentioned.

http://wigan.rlfans.com/readarticle.php?article_id=1822

Interesting first game at Central Park was on this date in 1902
https://twitter.com/WiganRLHistory

Get in Rouse 111 :D
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I wonder what 727 Hetherington will do with his shirt.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It’s a shame that the HN have slight faults to them in the early years on purpose.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame