Challenge Cup final date to be moved?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Challenge Cup final date to be moved?

Post by josie andrews »

Reports this morning have emerged which suggest the Rugby Football League are set to move the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup final forwards after falling attendances in recent years.

While any change wouldn’t happen until 2020 due to it being too late to change the date for next season, it comes just days after the final between Catalans and Warrington drew 50,672, the lowest in decades. As a result, the sport’s governing body in this country is in talks with organisers to move the final forward by two months.

In recent years, the final has been hit with travel chaos as the bank holiday date often collides with railway closures and maintenance work. Fears that the final is being neglected – perhaps due to the close timing to the Super League Grand Final – have concerned officials, especially as there is an agreement to hold the final at Wembley until 2027.

While talks are at an early stage, it has been suggested that the final could be moved to June with all matches played in the spring and early summer before the showpiece event.

https://getemonsideblog.com/2018/08/30/ ... -be-moved/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Challenge Cup final date to be moved?

Post by josie andrews »

About time someone saw sense!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PorterjohLam wrote:Let's just start the move back to winter rugby.
???????? It feels like Winter Rugby for most of the year already doesn’t it? ????????
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
PorterjohLam wrote:Let's just start the move back to winter rugby.
???????? It feels like Winter Rugby for most of the year already doesn’t it? ????????
Get rid of the Yorkshire influence and we have progress :) Let us not forget they are only Lancastrians with their brains punched out :eh:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Personally i dont get the same buzz out of the challenge cup as i once did........ ide take the grand final experience any day ov the week......its a pity but its true
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The only bad thing about the GF to my mind is the pathetically small and potentially dangerous in-goals at Old Trafford with that slope behind the posts.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

moto748 wrote:The only bad thing about the GF to my mind is the pathetically small and potentially dangerous in-goals at Old Trafford with that slope behind the posts.
+1
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Jack Dearden said on Radio Manc that he'd heard it may go to June.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Jack Dearden said on Radio Manc that he'd heard it may go to June.
That's what it says in the OP Ted ????
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Yes I know Josie, that's why I put it on here as often it seems that a number of sources often are correct in the end.