Huddersfield v Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Huddersfield v Wigan Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

According to the Our League App, this fixture has been brought forward from Friday 21st to Thursday 20th!

Castleford v Wakefield on Friday & Warrington v Saints Saturday 3.15 ko.

So two teams, all within 3 - 5 miles of one another get to play on the two easier days for supporters to get to!! ????

The chairmen need to get these games sorted & get rid of Thursday night games!

Season tickets & attendances will keep dropping especially during term time when parents are keeping their children from attending as it's too late for them, especially if they are away games, so that could be a full family missing games on Thursday!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Huddersfield v Wigan fixture moved.

Post by No straw damn us »

The game will now be played on Thursday 20th September 19:45 k.o. and is on Sky.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Huddersfield v Wigan Warriors

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

josie andrews wrote:According to the Our League App, this fixture has been brought forward from Friday 21st to Thursday 20th!

So two teams, all within 3 - 5 miles of one another get to play on the two easier days for supporters to get to!! ????

Season tickets & attendances will keep dropping especially during term time when parents are keeping their children from attending as it's too late for them, especially if they are away games, so that could be a full family missing games on Thursday!
They can stick their season ticket renewal up their backside. Me and the kids who don't often get to games together these days are all booked for the Friday . Trains tickets hotels all lost. I thought this was all sorted but they don't give a monkey's. Several hundred pounds lost . More than the price of an 'effin (sorry) season ticket.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:According to the Our League App, this fixture has been brought forward from Friday 21st to Thursday 20th!

They can stick their season ticket renewal up their backside. Me and the kids who don't often get to games together these days are all booked for the Friday . Trains tickets hotels all lost. I thought this was all sorted but they don't give a monkey's. Several hundred pounds lost . More than the price of an 'effin (sorry) season ticket.

Regards EW
That really is a kick in the teeth, copy that to the Chairman and Sky see if you get a reply , I feel your pain.
These chairmen need to get round the table with Sky rapid ,the game is in the mire.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Regards EW
Time to vote with the wallet mate,keep stum and say nowt and it’ll carry on regardless but you need to get this into Lenegans inbox it’ll carry on and sod the fans
jobo

Post by jobo »

Regards EW
How disappointing is that? As Josie points out in her post, they could have easily switched one of the other games.

Of course you've every right to bin your season ticket(s) but as yours is a pretty exceptional case, I'd contact IFL and KR first.
If you get the stock response such as out of our control etc, then stuff em.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

That's an absolute disgrace.
Changing this late is not good enough.
I hope EW takes it to SKY.
Just so wrong!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I've copied your reply to my post EW & posted it on the Wigan Warriors Facebook account.

I hope you contact the club about this & as jobo states, if you get no joy from them just stop renewal of your ST. The club are losing fans all the time & need to retain & rebuild our ST base.

As I've said hundreds of times regarding Thursday nights, it doesn't affect me, I'm retired so have no problems regarding attending games whether home or away.

I am also anti the Super 8's for similar reasons, people just cannot plan ahead.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Last night's attendance of below 10k should concentrate minds at the club. I do hope they reflect their views very strongly to SKY.
Thursday nights are killing the game and clubs.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well this match has been moved & it is now a "no match" because there is no chance that Huddersfield can get into the top four & that was supposedly why it was moved in the first place from what I am led to believe!

There is now an 8 point gap between 4th placed Wire & 5th placed Giants with 3 games left for each to play!

????????