Worst ever Wigan #7??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Worst ever Wigan #7??

Post by jobo »

ddtftf wrote:Its time we dropped this post and apologized to Sam Powel & i just hope he has not read this bullshit about him
Too true.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pedro wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
thegimble wrote:What amazes me is this.

Williams by many on here gets a pass and its all the way Wane plays him.

Powell though gets slated for it.

So why is Williams getting the Wane fault yet others like Powell, TL and Sam Powell do not. It can not be just that Powell is crap and Williams would be awesome but for Wane.
Can anybody make any sense of this?
Think he’s saying all Williams, Powell and tommy does is catch and pass, I would normally agree but though George went well v wire taking them on.

No I was not.

Williams gets a bad game its down to Wane tactics. Powell and TL does its because they are crap.

Getting a Pass means gets away with it.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

The booze hound wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
thegimble wrote:What amazes me is this.

Williams by many on here gets a pass and its all the way Wane plays him.

Powell though gets slated for it.

So why is Williams getting the Wane fault yet others like Powell, TL and Sam Powell do not. It can not be just that Powell is crap and Williams would be awesome but for Wane.
Can anybody make any sense of this?
Yes. He is saying some people think, wrongly, that when Williams looks like he's had a bad game it's down to Wanes stifling tactics but when Powell looks like he's had a bad game it's because he is crap, so the two players are being measured unfairly.

Yes spot on.

SJ

Post by SJ »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Never understood this constant rubbishing of Powell . Honest lad who puts in a shift week in week out and his defender is excellent. Not the flair player of the team but does a job for us .

Regards EW

This post says it all for me
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This is a snippet from team of the week:
Hooker – Sam Powell (Wigan Warriors)

Put in an unbelievable shift at hooker, especially in defence. Made a massive 56 tackles, including 14 from marker and was at the heart of almost all the Warriors’ attacks.

Just shows how people perceive things differently!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote:Would anyone suggest that Sam Powell may hold this title? He isn’t a number 7 let’s face it... but despite our embarrassment of riches in this position over the years who has been the poorest scrum half?
This is a snippet from team of the week:
Hooker – Sam Powell (Wigan Warriors)

Put in an unbelievable shift at hooker, especially in defence. Made a massive 56 tackles, including 14 from marker and was at the heart of almost all the Warriors’ attacks.

Just shows how people perceive things differently!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan