Wigan vs Wolves

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Wigan vs Wolves

Post by Barney841 »

pressure on manfredi?!? The lad is class, carries on where he left off before his horrific injuries, two well finished tries. Good lad Dom!
The first half was very basic, felt like the teams didn’t really want to try anything and quite a few errors. Second half soon picked up though, intensity and aggression, played really well going forward and defence up against the ref as well thought he had a shocker. Don’t think he likes giving forward passes!!!
yokozuna

Re: Wigan vs Wolves

Post by yokozuna »

Bateman is going to be a massive loss.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dom was fantastic considering...... ide forgot how strong he was.....everyone played pretty well althpugh i did think tomkins was well below par.......he seems like he doesnt wanna stretch his legs at times.....hes also dying with the ball after catching a bomb/ kick through etc......maybe a rest will help and gives escare a well earned chance...... the silly sin binning could have cost us big....nice to see SW playing dom and gilly on the right....... it gives us much more balance
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The sin binning was Hicks over reacting. If that had been Sinfield when he was playing for Leeds,a players who's captaincy revolved around bending the refs ear, I doubt Hicks would have done the same.

As to Manfredi, what a great comeback. I thought his first try was great. Jinking through the Wire players like that was good to watch. I have replayed it numerous time on Wigan TV and it always brings a smile to my face.
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

Hicks had a general stinker, but was not helped by two poor touchjudges who seemed incapable of ensuring anywhere near a 10 yard/metre at the play the ball, is it not time that Barry Chuckle (A.Martin) was pensioned off?
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

In a sense Hicks did us a favour. Wigan got angry with his decisions and started to throw the ball about. When we throw the ball about at speed like that not many can live with us . Same thing happened at Wire a while back when Ben Flower got sent off and we destroyed them.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
BriH

Post by BriH »

I was so choked up when Dom Manfredi made his appearance!
I really took to the modest young man when he was playing brilliantly before a cruel injury nearly finished him. But, he came through!! And, he is back with a bang! In spite of an attempt to take his head off.
And what a comeback! One try? The stuff of dreams. Two tries? Incredible!!
Thank you very much Dom. I have the utmost respect for you as a person.
Keep scoring the tries!!!!!
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Did anyone else think that Wolves had fourteen players in the defensive line at one point. I seem to remember that a sub came on and then a yellow minion rushed into the pitch to haul a forward from the line before the ref noticed.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Tomkins was rubbish, and his petulance could have cost us the game. With Hardaker starting to train, and our best performance of the year having been in the away game at Saints where we had a running threat from 1, we can rest easy that we’ll be better equipped for exciting play from the back in ‘19.

As for the overall performance, Tommy again showed his new lease of life. Seems slightly odd that with us likely to sign Hastings he will go back to 9, but the side looks so much better for Wane’s recent tweaks.

Great as well to see Sarg get home man of the match, his recent form has been superb, and to play like that against the backdrop of his family tragedy is testimony to his character and resilience.

Have commented on Dom on another thread, but he looks to me to still have the essential speed and balance to be the best winger in the competition. He is a joy to watch.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Tomkins was rubbish, and his petulance could have cost us the game. With Hardaker starting to train, and our best performance of the year having been in the away game at Saints where we had a running threat from 1, we can rest easy that we’ll be better equipped for exciting play from the back in ‘19.

As for the overall performance, Tommy again showed his new lease of life. Seems slightly odd that with us likely to sign Hastings he will go back to 9, but the side looks so much better for Wane’s recent tweaks.

Great as well to see Sarg get home man of the match, his recent form has been superb, and to play like that against the backdrop of his family tragedy is testimony to his character and resilience.

Have commented on Dom on another thread, but he looks to me to still have the essential speed and balance to be the best winger in the competition. He is a joy to watch.
Tomkins is very good on the line and woth lockers out hes worth his place( when he isnt becoming the new jon wilkin). However Escare has been brilliant in attack sure he can do that danger pass as well but his acceleration and influence has had a big hand in winning the last 3 games.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.