Gambling?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: Gambling?

Post by Doveoverdave »

We cannot afford
Why not?
Yu cannot possibly think that Saints have a bigger wallet than Wigan.
i would rather we bought young talented players
Like the ones we have now!!!!!!!
As we improve the business
Sorry it doesn't get much better than an average 14000 crowd. If we can't afford them now we will never be able to affod them.
we can get the top class Andrew Johns
Get real! We'll only get him when he's finished - like Lam as.
Read about Andrew Johns he closer to the Legend your looking for!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
Is Palli not in the NZ team.
I believe he hasa ca or wo - but so has Seu Se.
Most complain we have no experience left in the squad and when we sigin one you moan hes second best.
I believe that of the avaiable players that we have not signed the one with proven record with a TOP NRL side.
Then agian by your reckoning Cayless is second best as he would not get into the OZ side
Is anyone avaiable from the currant Aus national team? If so , then yes Caless would then have been second best.
Lyon wont be at Saints long he will go to OZ even as soon as next year or definitely the year after as they will entice him back with wearing the Kangaroo shirt again.
Agree.
But at 23 with a 3 year contract we may just about turn Palli into a world star and he will also leave for the NRL at the peak of his powers.With his apprenticeship served a Wigan.

This is fine by me - I just don't want to pay vast amounts of money to overseas players that are not at their peak.
I agree we give contracts out too easily to a player from the NRL. But Fletcher is a good player and i must admit id never heard of Richards before this season but he looks a very good player. Jerry and DV i will judge them next season now they thought they were joining a GF team instead they joind and NRL one.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Saints dont have a bigger wallet but they have a better profile and ability to sign world class player.
We have only signed one good young player DV and he has not produced anywhere near his best.
14000 average is a good figure but if we put in another season like this do you think we will maintain these attendances.
I dont need to read about Johns i saw him play in oz in an origin game years ago unbeliveable'' The only way we will get a player of this stature is loads of money and a realistic chance of silverware.Some fans belive that aussies only come over for the money and this is true of some not all players are mercenary.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

damien morrissey posted:
Saints dont have a bigger wallet but they have a better profile and ability to sign world class player.
It would be interesting to hear from some of the Aus-based posters on here if that's really true. I work with a lot of Queenslanders at the moment, and those who are into rugby all consider Wigan to be the biggest club in the UK. They presumably haven't forgotten we became world champions playing them in their own back yard, or the fact that we were the most successful British club in the 97 World Club Challenge (not that we were really successful!).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

I have to say that i am surpised an pleased by that. like you would be interested to hear some aussie based views