Eddie Hearn

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
old hooker

Re: Eddie Hearn

Post by old hooker »

fozzieskem wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:It’ll end in tears
It will if nothing is done
Daddy Hearn himself has he likes to buy the sports who takes an interest in,there’s no chance of that happening in SL you 12 chairman with their own vested interests,it’ll come to nothing or at best make no difference in the ling term.

But this Hearn is god movement is faintly ridiculous as every time he’s tried a team game it isn’t as successful as snooker or darts.

Clearly something needs to be done but I doubt it’ll work with these two.
Can you make any other suggestions as to who can do better?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

old hooker wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:It will if nothing is done
Daddy Hearn himself has he likes to buy the sports who takes an interest in,there’s no chance of that happening in SL you 12 chairman with their own vested interests,it’ll come to nothing or at best make no difference in the ling term.

But this Hearn is god movement is faintly ridiculous as every time he’s tried a team game it isn’t as successful as snooker or darts.

Clearly something needs to be done but I doubt it’ll work with these two.
Can you make any other suggestions as to who can do better?
No I cant but im not pinning the house on these two either, that article says it all Daddy Hearn likes to control what he runs,i doubt he will come in as a consultant,hes a bloody good business man no denying that but ill be amazed if the chairman, and thats who he would be dealing with now lets not forget, would allow them the sort of control he would want.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Is the big hype regarding this not just target advertisment/brainwashing

The Hearns are obviously very well connected with Sky and all the song and dance about them saving league has come from sky.

Its like how certain newspapers will twist stories to their own personal bias.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

thegimble wrote:I have a feeling he is pulling the strings of the new SL chief. Hearn family made Darts and to a degree Snooker a lot more popular than it ought to be. And with Darts that now is watched by millions every year world wide.

But his dad has the claim to fame he made Fish popular on TV so if they can turn fish into gold RL should be a doddle. But severe and changes we will not like need to be done.

And that is RL problem the traditionalist will pipe up and stop any drastic changes from happening.
. Barry Hearn made his name long before “Fish o mania”.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

There is also an interesting and revealing article on Love Rugby League with comments by BarryHearn on how they go about it.
Primrose 'n' Blue

Post by Primrose 'n' Blue »

jao 711 wrote:There is also an interesting and revealing article on Love Rugby League with comments by BarryHearn on how they go about it.
It was very stimulating and thought provoking