Dead Rubber

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Dead Rubber

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Friday's contest for Hull counts for little apart from professional pride.

The question is what team should we play? Personally, I would give Lockers, Tommy and Benny another week off and let them prepare for the semi. Faz has got to play if we are considering using him in the play offs. I would also want Tomkins, Bateman and Davies to recharge their batteries.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ancientnloyal

Re: Dead Rubber

Post by ancientnloyal »

In the great position of resting key players aren’t we. FC won’t be bothered you’d think.

I’d start Morgan at 1, Woods at 7 and rest Sam. If Faz is fit I’d rest Bateman and give maybe a new debut. Clubb needs to be rested so maybe Navarette, Kibula, Sutton and TT
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ancientnloyal wrote:In the great position of resting key players aren’t we. FC won’t be bothered you’d think.

I’d start Morgan at 1, Woods at 7 and rest Sam. If Faz is fit I’d rest Bateman and give maybe a new debut. Clubb needs to be rested so maybe Navarette, Kibula, Sutton and TT
Kibula will play in the u19s final.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

As said Kibula will play in the under 19s final as he should,he’s simply not ready for the first team yet,I wouldn’t go overboard about resting players a great run is easily ended and Hull are on the run from hell so sod it let’s carry that on.

It’s a balancing act,yes I would rest Sam and if Faz is ready try him out but other than that get on with it,
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

If lockers is fit id give him 30mins in the game to blow away the cobwebs before the semi

id deffo rest Sam
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

It is good that we can afford to rest players, but don't forget the same applies to Cas, Saints and Wire: the semis are decided.

The reality is that resting a player for one match doesn't make a huge difference. At this stage of the season, players who have played just about every match are in danger of being physically and mentally fatigued.

I think if you check our record versus Saints', you'll find that more of our forwards have had breaks during the season, enforced or otherwise, than their counterparts at Saints. If we reach OT and play the old enemy, this could be the telling factor, particularly in the last 10-15 minutes. If so, it will be the result of having a coach who knows what he's doing, despite what may of the fans think!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I wouldnt say dead rubber. Winning breeds winning we need to win to go into the semi final with confidence. Plus being the only superleague team to win all their top 8 games in the short period it was around would be brilliant.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.